11 Things You Miss About Furman On Break

Yes, you do actually miss some things.

12
Emma Gibney

Living on campus definitely has its perks. When you go to Furman, you get those perks all four years. Unfortunately, you get used to all of the comforts that go with living on campus, and you don't have those at home. Sure, the first week at home is great, but after a while, you start to miss the things that make living on campus so great.

1. Being in walking distance of food

I mean more than what's in my fridge.

2. Having most of my friends in one place

No having to drive all over town and fight traffic just to see someone that isn't family.

3. Not having my parents call me when I'm out past 9

The freedom of living in your own space just gets better when you don't do it for a while.

4. Having more than 3 friends

Let's be honest, how many friends did you actually stay in touch with from high school?

5. Cookout being 5 minutes away

Hello, Cookout tray

6. Starbucks being 5 minutes away

Oh, frappuccino how I miss you.

7. Basically, all food being closer

If I want something not in my fridge, I actually have to drive a considerable distance. That is not okay.

8. Not having to tip toe after 10 o'clock

The fear of waking a parent up is so real.

9. Being able to binge watch without guilt

"How many episodes have you watched today?"

"11, Mom. I've watched 11 episodes."

10. Netflix shows that you watch with your roommates

Because you can't cheat on them and watch without them. It's just not cool.

11. Making dinner with your roommates and pitching in

Although, Mom's cooking is hard to beat.

Overall, enjoy your time at home, but also realize that it will be over soon. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to you.