11 Things To Fear This Christmas Break

11 Things To Fear This Christmas Break

Ho, Ho, Holy sh*t no

7
11 Things To Fear This Christmas Break

While in the midst of finals week I can't help but count down the days (and hours) until I'm home free for the much needed holiday break. I'm envisioning myself watching TV, catching up with old friends, and doing something I forgot existed, relax. However, as I reflect on past breaks reality starts to set in. There are some things that come with the holiday season that aren't so merry.

1. The questions.

You know what I'm talking about. How were your grades this semester? Are you working over break? Why not? Have you heard of Justin Bieber? Ugh...yeah, Grandma.

2. The art of "fake laughing".

Family is forever, but Uncle Brett, make one more awful joke and you're out of here.

3. Opening God-awful presents in front of the ones you love.

There's nothing worse.

4. Grandma can't remember her WiFi password, and the slip of paper she wrote it down on five years ago is missing.

Go figure.

5. Biting your lip while Aunt Susie professes how perfect Cousin Jessica is.

Inside your head you're showing everyone at the dinner table the Snapchat story she posted last night.

6. Mom wants to complete projects while you're home!

"Let's clean out the attic!" "We're going to organize every family photo album over break." MOM, NO.

7. You're 21, but you have to be home by 11.

8. Running into humans you never want to see again.

*Walks into Harris Teeter* Sees ex's mom, high school principal, and the kid you rejected (more than once) junior year

9. The pit of fire you feel in your stomach when Cousin Stephanie is hogging your baby cousin.

Stephanie I just want you to know everyone is sick of your shit, even Grandpa.

10. Mom still doesn't understand the perfect Christmas card does not exist.

11. Realizing break is almost over and you got nothing accomplished.

Not even Mom's projects.