11 Of My Favorite Matchbox 20 Songs

11 Of My Favorite Matchbox 20 Songs

Because it was impossible to only pick 10

3357
11 Of My Favorite Matchbox 20 Songs
Matchbox 20 Official Facebook Page

Matchbox 20 is and always has been one of my favorite bands. Their music just somehow speaks to me on any sort of day I might be having and I think that is so important. There is just something so amazing about one band that can reach you on every level and can make you smile one album and cry the next. I don’t think Matchbox 20 has produced a bad song, but I have somehow compiled a select list of my 11 favorites and what I get out of the lyrics.

11. 3 AM

An absolute Matchbox 20 classic. Seriously, if you don’t know at least this one, you were definitely raised under a rock or something.

10. Real World

This is definitely a song we can all relate to when we just want to escape the world and even ourselves sometimes.

9. These Hard Times

The true definition of “you don’t know what you have until it’s gone” put into a song.

8. Back 2 Good

For when things just aren’t the same and you feel cheated, but aren’t ready to let go, this is the song for you. This song is actually kind of tragic and super sad, but it just hits home in so many ways.

7. How Far We’ve Come

This is one of their most upbeat songs, but actually has a pretty deep meaning linked to it whether even they realized it or not. The world is coming to a crucial point and although we’ve come a long way in the world, it’s not going to be here forever.

6. Push

This is a very deep and touchy song that talks about a girl, but is actually Rob Thomas’s story of the abuse he experienced. It’s about a girl (or him) being pushed around and emotionally and physically abused and just trying to find an escape from it all.

5. Girl Like That

Definitely a song you want to sing and dance to when you find that one person who you are just so infatuated with even if both of you might not be perfect and have your insecurities. It also tells you to appreciate your significant other for picking you up time after time.

4. If You’re Gone

This song is about not wanting to lose someone and being willing to work out absolutely anything because life would be unbearable without them.

3. Unwell

This song can speak so deeply to anyone suffering with a mental illness. It is all about coping and dealing with society while they’re telling you you’re crazy when it’s not something you can control.

2. Disease

I think we’ve all had that one person in our lives who was just not good for us in any way shape or form. If you’re still stuck in a bad situation with that person this song can definitely give you some insight and maybe even the courage to let go.

1. Bright Lights

My personal favorite Matchbox 20 song. This one is about a girl wanting to leave and move on to bigger and better things and while her significant other is being supportive, he just wants her to come back home.

Matchbox 20’s songs are so catchy yet so deep when you actually look into them and listen. They really are lyrical geniuses. This band helps any sort of day I’m having. I really feel like I can relate and like they understand anything and everything I feel when no one else seems to.