11 Crushes We All Experienced Growing Up

Growing up is weird enough as is without adding the whole "cute boy" dynamic.

359
everypixel.com

I think it's pretty safe to say that throughout the years spent growing up we all experience quite a variety of crushes. Some lasting mere days others dragging on for years. The heart seems to be spellbound with the promises of potential love. Here are 11 types of crushes every girl has had at one point or another, the knowledge of which stems from extremely scientific research. (Real life research including, growing up being a slightly boy crazy girl and many late nights spent giggling with friends over cute boys).

1. The class crush

You may have this crush in one or two classes and stare at wistfully from across the room. Daydreaming of the day when the teacher will pair the two of you together for group work.

2. The one you like because he likes you

He's the really nice boy who shows his interest to you so you automatically like back. Typically doesn't last all too long.

3. The guy everyone has a crush on

He's the boy you like more as a conversation starter to bond with other girls who also like him. Typically very attractive and popular.

4. The crush you can't shake

This is the guy who you think you're over time and time again until he so much as says "hi" to you then you're plopped back on the merry-go-round of feelings for him.

5. The hot and cold crush

One day you're really into this crush, the next you're not.

6. The crush you refer to as a random object

You probably spend a good amount of social time around this crush, hence the need to call him a "codename" so he doesn't know who you're talking about. (ask me if this ever worked) Notably, Nemo, Frog, and Spork.

7. The famous crush

Harry Styles.

8. The "I don't like him that much"

You are constantly trying to convince others and yourself you really don't like this guy. He's probably somewhat of a bad influence or out of your typical "type" In reality though, you're really into him.

9. The friendzone crush

He's the guy that you're only friends with, you wish it could be something more though.

10. The friend crush

Not to be confused with the friendzone crush, This is the guy you are pretty much in love with but just as a friend. He's usually a really quality person, you're probably highly protective of him.

11. The stranger crush

The random stranger you make eye contact with and momentarily fall in love with.

Crushes come in all sorts of varieties. Looking back on all the shenanigans my friends and I got into due to crushing on boys is absolutely comical. Embrace the awkwardness that they encompass and enjoy the ride.