11 Contemporary Christian Songs That Are Perfect For When You Are Crying Out To God

1 Chronicles 16:23 “Sing to the Lord, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day.”
28890

Praising God is such an essential aspect in our faith journey with The Lord. We must pray, congregate with others, and one thing we must not forget, worship. Worshiping God allows us to dance and sing. We are able to experience a feeling like no other. These 11 worship songs are songs that I always find myself turning to when I want to praise The Lord. I hope that these can provide a similar feeling for you as well-- a feeling of closeness and love with God. It is essential to remember the words of Psalm 86:9. “All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, Lord; they will bring glory to your name.”

I have provided a few lines of lyrics from each of the songs so you can see for yourself how powerful the songs really are.

1. "You’re Not Alone," Meredith Andrews

“You're not alone for I am here

Let me wipe away your every fear

My love, I've never left your side

I have seen you through the darkest night

And I'm the One who's loved you all your life

All your life”

2. "Lead Me to You," PJ Anderson

“I must bow down, and let You be Lord

Cause there is no one

No one else in this world

Who can lead me to love

Oh, Lord lead me to truth

Oh, Lord lead me to You”

3. "The Stand," Hillsong United

“I'll stand

With arms high and heart abandoned

In awe of the one who gave it all

I'll stand

My soul Lord to you surrendered

All I am is yours”

4. "How He Loves," David Crowder Band

“He is jealous for me,

Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,

Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.

When all of a sudden,

I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,

And I realise just how beautiful You are,

And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us, oh,

Oh, how He loves us,

How He loves us all”

5. "Whom Shall I Fear [God of Angel Armies]," Chris Tomlin

“My strength is in Your name

For You alone can save

You will deliver me

Yours is the victory

Whom shall I fear

Whom shall I fear

I know who goes before me

I know who stands behind

The God of angel armies

Is always by my side

The one who reigns forever

He is a friend of mine

The God of angel armies

Is always by my side”

6. "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)," Chris Tomlin

“My chains are gone

I've been set free

My God, my Savior has ransomed me

And like a flood His mercy reigns

Unending love, amazing grace”

7. "Lord, I Need You," Matt Maher

“Lord, I need You, oh, I need You

Every hour I need You

My one defense, my righteousness

Oh God, how I need You”

8. "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)," Hillsong United

“So I will call upon Your name

And keep my eyes above the waves

When oceans rise

My soul will rest in Your embrace

For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders

Let me walk upon the waters

Wherever You would call me

Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander

And my faith will be made stronger

In the presence of my Savior”

9. "Because He Lives," Matt Maher

“Amen, Amen

I’m alive, I’m alive

Because He lives

Amen, Amen

Let my song join the one that never ends

Because He lives

I can face tomorrow

Because He lives

Every fear is gone

I know He holds my life my future in His hands”

10. "Good Good Father," Chris Tomlin

“You're a Good, Good Father

(You are perfect in all of your ways)

It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are

And I'm loved by you

(You are perfect in all of your ways)

It's who I am, it's who I am it's who I am”

11. "Holy Spirit," Francesca Battistelli

“Holy Spirit, You are welcome here

Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere

Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for

To be overcome by Your presence, Lord

Your presence, Lord”