11 Bible Verses To Help You Go Back To School

Going back to school can raise a mixture of emotions in us, but as long as we cling to God and His Word, everything will be just fine!

45782

Well, it's about that time of year again.
When students head back to elementary, middle school, high school, and college.
The time of year when you're eager to see all of your school friends, but not so eager to see your school work again.

There can be a lot of emotions that you feel when going back to school: excitement, anxiousness, nervousness, sadness that summer is over.

Whatever it is that you're feeling, if you need some encouragement as you head back to school this year, here are 11 Bible verses that might help you out.

1. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

2. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”

3. Isaiah 48:17 “This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.”

4. Isaiah 30:21 “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

5. Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

6. Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

7. Ecclesiastes 12:1-3 "Don't let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor Him in your youth before you grow old and say, 'Life is not pleasant anymore.' Remember Him before the light of the sun, moon, and stars is dim to your old eyes, and rain clouds continually darken your sky."

8. Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Keep your mouth free of perversity; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you."

9. Psalm 20:4 "May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed."

10. James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."

11. 1 Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

These are just a few verses that you can find comfort in as you head back to school, but just know that you are not alone. God is always with you, is always fighting for you, and has great plans for you. When school stresses you out, bad things happen, or things just don't seem to be going your way, know that God works all things together for those who love Him. Don't stress about picking a major, because as long as you do what you love and do it for the glory of God, everything will be alright. School is just another step in shaping you into the person He has called you to be, so give it all you've got! Give God your best and He will help you out with the rest.

So, take these verses, trust in and pursue Him, and I wish you all a fabulous school year!