11 Best Places to Visit in St. Croix County, Wisconsin

Several beautiful parks, a race track, and a cheese factory all in one great county!

415
Laura Fern

Growing up in Baldwin, Wisconsin has allowed me to discover some amazing places right in my own backyard. As much as I love to travel all over the world, being a college student with a limited budget forces me to stay close to home the majority of the time. However, I could not pick a better place to live, with so many beautiful views and affordable activities. Below is a list of all the best places to visit in St. Croix County, Wisconsin.

1. Downtown Hudson

I cannot recommend this one enough! Downtown Hudson is so unique and beautiful with so many things to do! They have music in the park for free on Thursdays in the summer. You can walk out on the pier and visit the beach or explore main street with all of the fun shops and restaurants.

2. Eau Galle Recreation Area (Spring Valley)

Go to the beach, fish, hike, camp and even horseback ride at Eau Galle! It's a great place to hang out with your family and friends.

3. A&W (Baldwin)

Grab a deliciously huge root beer float at the A&W and enjoy the classic ambiance.

4. Crystal Cave (Spring Valley)

Go on an awesome tour of Crystal Cave and learn a little about geology and history at the same time! There is a gift shop and nature trail to explore here as well!

5. Willow River State Park (Hudson)

Check out the gorgeous waterfalls and enjoy beautiful hiking trails.

6. Falls Theater (River Falls)

Go see a move for $4 and grab a popcorn for $1! Falls theater is small but really cheap with some amazing popcorn! Who needs to pay $9 for a movie?

7. Windmill Park (Baldwin)

Windmill park is small but beautiful nonetheless! The windmill was built in 1987 and is a tribute to many of Baldwin citizens' Dutch heritage. There is even a cute park and creek with a nice picnic area. If you're lucky, you can go inside the windmill and check out some Dutch souvenirs.

8. Glen Hills Park (Glenwood City)

Glen Hills Park is yet another place to visit if you enjoy the great outdoors! Glen lake is beautiful, and in the winter it is open to skating and ice fishing!.There is also a Glen Hills Golf Club nearby and open to the public.

9. Cedar Lake Speedway (New Richmond)

That's right, folks! You can see stock car racing right in St. Croix County!

10. Wildwood Trail (Woodville)

If you love to snowmobile, bike or hike, this one is for you! This trail is seven miles long and takes you all the way from Woodville through the town of Eau Galle.

11. Cady Cheese Factory (Wilson)

This place is absolutely amazing! You get to see how cheese is made while also browsing and sampling all the different flavors of cheese.