11 Ben Rector Songs You Should Listen To Immediately

Soon, you, too, will love this beautiful artist.

2382
Billboard

Ah, Ben. A man who writes the most beautiful words even when I don't know I need them. Sometimes, I'm pretty sure he's singing to me, but people never fail to remind me that he is happily married. What a lucky woman. Anyways, if you are unfortunate enough to have lived your life thus far without hearing any of Ben's songs, I am about to change your life by sharing some of my go to songs. Happy? Listen to Ben. Sad? Listen to Ben? Angry? Stressed? Bored? Ben is always the answer. You'll thank me later.

1. "I Like You"

One of the songs that originally led me to love Ben. You can't listen to it enough times. I like Ben even when I don't try to.

"Life is not the mountain tops, it's the walking in between, and I like you walking next to me."

2. "Beautiful"

Ben is beautiful and so is this song. If you ever wonder if love even exists, just listen to this song. It lets us now that even Ben wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and wonders where his life is going.

"There are days when I wake up, and don't know what I'm doing here. I barely recognize the pair of eyes staring back at me in the mirror."

3. "Paris"

THE MUSIC VIDEO FOR THIS SONG MAKES ME WEEP. Also, I am not one who generally approves of sexual references in songs, but the one in Paris is about his wife, so I think that's excusable. It's just so beautiful.

"I haven't seen her for a month or so. Young love feels like finding buried gold."

4. "Men That Drive Me Places"

This is a song purely dedicated to Ben's drivers and if you feel like you need to listen to a tearjerker, this is probably the one. Seriously, so sweet.

"How am I the only one who knows I'm half the man of the men that drive me places?"

5. "Making Money"

This one plays off of the old saying "money can't buy happiness" in a lovely piano-accompanied way.

"Money won't keep folks from grieving and it won't stop love from leaving."

6. "Autumn"

If you were wondering, "hm is this guy ever gonna write a sad song"? This one's for you. It's sad, but also really sweet.

"I knew that that was what love was, to die so that it could be found."

7. "When a Heart Breaks"

Another sad one just in case you folks need two. I guess that even Ben has had his heart broken once or twice. He is human after all.

"Confusion and the doubts you had up and walk away when a heart breaks."

8. "When I'm With You"

This song fills my heart with joy. Ben reminding us how good it feels to have someone to run to when the world stops making sense (which happens pretty often these days).

"Thought I could find my way back home, but I get lost alone. When I'm with you, I'm no longer wandering."

9. "Follow You"

This song is on my list because it bears a striking resemblance to Matthew 11:28, "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

"Go on, lay your troubles down. Set your feet on solid ground. Peace, deep as I've found, I wanna follow you."

10. "White Dress"

Obviously, this song is about Ben's wedding day, and as sad as it makes me that he's already married, the words are so sweet.

"There's just minutes and highways til the one I love. I never knew that I could love someone the way that I love you."

11. "Forever Like That"

BEST FOR LAST, FOLKS. When I went to a Ben Rector concert (back when tickets were $15), Ben said that most of his romantic songs were not truly inspired by anything except the fact that he needed to write, but that this one was most certainly about his wife. I cry. Every time.

"I'll be your rainy day lover whenever the sunny days end, and whatever the weather, we'll have each other, and that's how the story will end."