11 Beauty Trends for 2018

11 Beauty Trends for 2018

From glitter eyeshadow to barrettes.

4

Trends come and go. But ones that are here to stay are within the beauty industry.

These trends are not just one-time fads, they're here to last. Whether the seasons are becoming cooler or hotter, any way you wear these trends will look timeless.

Ready to see what made the list? Check them out!

Inclusive Beauty Products

This year has been groundbreaking in terms of diversity. Beauty companies worldwide have become more willing to expand their shade collections to include women (and men) of all skin types and colors.

Thanks to Fenty by Rihanna, she unleashed an array of 40 different shade options of her foundation. While this might not be much of a trend (because it'll be here to stay), it was worth mentioning. Now if only all the beauty companies to ever exist could get on the inclusive bandwagon.

Multi-Use Products

Today's busy woman on the go deserves beauty products to enhance her hectic lifestyle. Enter all-in-one kits.

These wonders are made up of multiple products but all in one palette. Every product included can double as another. Eyeshadows become highlighters, lipsticks as blushes, the list goes on.

The convenience these types of kits offer is why it's a trend. There's no longer a need to cram all of your foundations, highlighter, bronzers, and blushes into your purse when you can have them all inside one palette.

Graphic Nails

We aren't talking about your classic French manicure anymore. For the end of 2018, it's all about graphic nails.

Don't think vibrant colors, think of causes. Causes such as breast cancer and feminine health. Those are good reasons to paint boobs and vaginas on your nails!

While this trend might not be suited for everyone, start small and maybe paint one nail full of boobs.

Bright Eyeshadow

Nude eyeshadow is a thing of the past when bold, vibrant colors come into play. For the fall, warmer colors with a punch are in.

Think electric blue, violet purple, and rusted red. The brighter, the better.

If this trend is a little scary or just won't work for your day job, try a brightly colored eyeliner instead. Purple works great for those with brown eyes while lighter colored eyes will benefit from green or blue colored eyeliner.

Skincare as Makeup

Feeling beautiful starts with having great skin. Rather than fake it by pilling every product of makeup you have, focus on your skincare routine.

Moisturizers, facial oils, toners, and masks are all in. This trend will actually benefit you rather than make you wary to try it.

Layer on the moisturizer and serums for an ultimate no-makeup look. You'll be proud you took the time to tend to your skin when you can use #nomakeupselfies on all your photos.

The Wet Hair Look

To compliment that bold eyeshadow (because let's face it, it's a lot of look), you need something that's simple but not boring. Enter the wet hair look.

Just in time for the cooler seasons, this hairstyle can go with any outfit. The experts over at Cuvee have three ways to perfectly style this look using great products.

Glitter

For those into unicorns and anything sparkly, you'll get a kick of this beauty trend. Glitter is in! And it's not just appropriate anywhere, it's appropriate everywhere!

We're talking glitter eyeshadow, lip gloss, and oh yeah, glitter highlighters! Some of your favorite beauty lines have gotten in on the action---KKW Beauty, Fenty, even Huda.

But don't think you have to look like a rainbow to pull this look off. To make it socially acceptable, choose a palette that resembles nude or pastel colors. That way, you won't look like you're trying to relive your childhood.

Messy Bun

It's the perfect hairstyle that says you're effortless. It's no wonder why it's trending yet again for the cooler seasons.

And nothing has you looking cooler than ice than a messy bun paired with a loose-fitting sweater. If the messy bun has you feeling sheepish to try it, just know it can be recreated when it's not planned. Don't soak your hair with serums or creams.

Second-day hair works best as it'll have more natural texture. As you put it into a bun, don't worry about bumps or flyaways. That's the whole point of a messy bun is for it to look intentionally messy!

Inner-Eye Highlights

To give your eyes more of a pop, placing highlighter in the inner corner of your eyes will do just the trick. It adds a subtle brightness that'll draw attention to your peepers.

If you want in on the glitter trend as well, pair these two together! It's a great look if you're planning to go out for the evening or just more of a punch.

Two-toned French Manicure

While we discussed the graphic nail trend, there's another manicure sharing the spotlight. For those that love a classic nail, you'll also love the two-toned French manicure.

There's really nothing to it besides picking out two colors that complement one another. You can do pink with red or for a more sophiscated look, go for oxblood with a white tip.

Barrettes

Barrettes, comb headbands, and claw clips, oh my! The 90s reign supreme with all these heavy-hitters stepping back onto to the scene in 2018.

You'll soon be seeing them everywhere as they all made their comeback debut on the runways of Fashion Week. Style them however you'd like, that's the freedom that comes with these babies.