1000 Miles From You To Me

1000 Miles From You To Me

The further away a piece of your heart is, the more it hurts.

19
1000 Miles From You To Me
Anna Connly

If you didn't know already, I miss you. A TON.

I miss just getting to see you on a Saturday because you were home and I was home and we just wanted to see each other. There is no one I would have eaten pickles at 1:00 am with other than you. I can't imagine a world without you and I'm glad I don't have to.

Sometimes I'll come home from a long day where my classes were too hard and my work wasn't good enough. Practice was too long and I didn't play hard enough. The boy I liked started dating a friend and I started falling apart and all I want in the world is to have your skinny ass arms around me and you telling me it's gonna be okay. I know it will be, but hearing it from you is always better.

I just wish I could snap my fingers and have you next to me watching Grey's on your laptop. There are moments in my day where I think of you and I think to text you to come over this weekend or see if you're around to see a movie and then I realize that you might be free... but a plane ride from Wisconsin to Massachusetts isn't. I think of you more now knowing you're not within driving distance of me if I really needed you.

I think of your new friends that I might never meet or the boy that breaks your heart. There is a gap in me that can only be filled by you and it scares me that that piece of my heart is so far away. But I hope you're having tons of fun, and you're meeting amazing people. I hope the food is good and that they guys are hot. I hope you're finding pieces of yourself that you could have never found here at home. Cause you deserve the best, and I want you to find it.

There might be a thousand miles between the two of us but I promise you that I have never loved you more. When I see a piece of art that reminds me of you my heart grows a little because I know that you'll be home soon. Those days we spend apart are filled with so many adventures from two drastically different places, and we get to share them with one another.

So you got out of our little liberal hippy down and found yourself a city filled with faces you've never seen before and have never met your mother or know who your neighbors are. I hope a few of those people get to know you, get to know your weird quirks about sitting on the floor and eating everything with too much ranch. I hope a few of those big city people get to see how amazing you are.

I love you and I miss you more than you'll ever know and I wish there was something I could do to send my love to you. Box it up and let you feel it fill you up when you're sad or miss one of us from back home. You rock. Can't wait to see your stupid face again.

Love,

A piece of your heart that lives 994 miles away.