100 Songs For Impossible Things

100 Songs For Impossible Things

468

Sometimes we experience moments that are indescribable. And because we can’t bring others to feel what it felt like in that very moment, that memory remains easily accessible. Words are powerful, in a sense, but feelings are just that much more powerful. Take both and put them together, well, that’s music.

Now, obviously no one has the same exact music taste. I will tell you now, this playlist is partially inspired by the hit TV series One Tree Hill. Before you cringe, here's why: I remained highly skeptical of the show before I ever watched it because everyone watched it. But I ended up loving it, because the choice of music is what made the moments. I commend the episode revolving around Peyton, her birthmother, and "To Wish Impossible Things" by The Cure for it's beautiful and graceful sorrow. It's not just the words that make you want to cry, it's the violin, the drums, and the guitar. It is the music.

So, if you are feeling anything from the kind of excitement you get when you see someone you haven’t seen in a long time; to the longing of desperately searching for something lost; to using all your strength to keep your voice from shaking and your tears from falling; to some, all, and any forms of happiness; to the frustration and anger of being the one and only one; to the kind of broken that only love can cause, I guarantee there is something here for you. I'm not saying these are the best songs ever written, not at all, but they certainly speak to me, and I hope just one song speaks to you as well.

So here it is, 100 Songs For Impossible Things:

1. Amber by 311
  2. Pioneers by Bloc Party
  3. No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley and the Wailers
  4. I Don’t Do Crowds by Camera Obscura
  5. Lovesongs (They Kill Me) by Cinema Bizarre
  6. Yellow by Coldplay
  7. Run by Collective Soul
  8. Stolen by Dashboard Confessional
  9. Love Grows (Where my Rosemary Goes) by Edison Lighthouse
  10. I Saved The World Today by Eurythmics
  11. The Way by Fastball
  12. One Thing by Eleven
  13. Walking After You by Foo Fighters
  14. As Long As It Matters by Gin Blossoms
  15. We Haven’t Turned Around by Gomez
  16. Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day
  17. Perfect by Guster
  18. The Reason by Hoobastank
  19. Everything by Lifehouse
  20. Somewhere Only We Know by Keane
  21. Lost In Space by Lighthouse Family
  22. Sunday Morning by Maroon 5
  23. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
  24. Porcelain by Moby
  25. Float On by Modest Mouse
  26. Always Love by Nada Surf
  27. The Man Who Sold the World by Nirvana
  28. Better Man by Pearl Jam
  29. Where Is My Mind by Pixies
  30. Wonderwall by Oasis
  31. The Man Who Can’t Be Moved by The Script
  32. The Greatest View by Silverchair
  33. Santeria by Sublime
  34. Los Banos by Sugar Free
  35. You Wanted More by Tonic
  36. Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of by U2
  37. Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked by Cage the Elephant
  38. Hypocrites by Jibe
  39. Don’t You Know by Runaway Cab
  40. Beast of Burden by the Rolling Stones
  41. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
  42. Brother by NEEDTOBREATHE (feat. Gavin DeGraw)
  43. Sideways by Citizen Cope
  44. Everybody’s Changing by Keane
  45. Under the Sun by Sugar Ray
  46. Jackie And Wilson by Hozier
  47. Son’s Gonna Rise by Citizen Cope
  48. Hold You In My Arms by Ray LaMontagne
  49. Midnight In Harlem by Tedeschi Trucks Band
  50. Here Comes a Regular by The Replacements
  51. Non Believer by La Rocca
  52. Babe I’m Gonna Leave You by Led Zeppelin
  53. Sidewalks by Story of the Year
  54. Re-Offender by Travis
  55. Apologize by OneRepublic
  56. Dark Blue by Jack’s Mannequin
  57. Look After You by the Fray
  58. Middle of Nowhere by Hot Hot Heat
  59. Lights Years Away by Mozella
  60. Hands Down by Dashboard Confessional
  61. Rest In Pieces by Saliva
  62. Within You by Ray LaMontagne
  63. Angela by The Lumineers
  64. Save Yourself by Sense Field
  65. How Good It Can Be by The 88
  66. Overdue by The Get Up Kids
  67. Empty Apartment by Yellowcard
  68. Telescope by Cage The Elephant
  69. She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5
  70. Sad Eyes by Josh Rouse
  71. Sweet Illusions by Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
  72. When Will You Come Back Home by Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
  73. Slow Dancing In A Burning Room by John Mayer
  74. Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World
  75. The General by Dispatch
  76. The Scientist by Coldplay
  77. Jungleland by Bruce Springsteen
  78. The Cave by Mumford and Sons
  79. Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran
  80. A Place In The Sun by Stevie Wonder
  81. Desperado by The Eagles
  82. Dark Necessities by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  83. Hold On by Gary Clark Jr.
  84. Ophelia by The Lumineers
  85. Half Moon by Blind Pilot
  86. Coffee and Cigarettes by Michelle Featherstone
  87. Save You by Matthew Perryman Jones
  88. Far More by The Honorary Title
  89. Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
  90. Blackbird by The Beatles
  91. The Quest by Bryn Christopher
  92. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
  93. Never Let Me Go by Florence + The Machine
  94. Eventually by Tame Impala
  95. Don't Wait by Dashboard Confessional
  96. Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright
  97. I'll Be by Edwin McCain
  98. Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
  99. Ledges by Noah Gundersen
  100. To Wish Impossible Things by The Cure

Enjoy!