100 Quotes To Inspire You

100 Quotes To Inspire You

You are never alone.

51
100 Quotes To Inspire You
moneycrashers.com

I am a huge fan of quotes. Sure, they're a little cheesy, but throughout my lifetime I have always found solace in the words of inspirational people. Words are impactful, and have the infinite power to change the world. So with my love for words and inspirational thinking, I thought it was only right to compile a list of some of my favorite quotes. It's a busy time of year for many, whether it be finals, AP exams, work, or college decisions, so inspiration is especially necessary now. I hope these quotes inspire you as much as they inspire me.

1. "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilde

2. "When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he's everything you've ever wanted. In fairy tales the bad guy is very easy to spot. The bad guy is always wearing a black cape so you always know who he is. Then you grow up and you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize that the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he's not easy to spot; he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair." -Taylor Swift

3. "No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind." -Taylor Swift

4. "What is the point of being alive if you don't even at least try to do something remarkable?" -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

5. "Even death has a heart." -Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

6. "Teenage girls, please don't worry about being super popular in high school, or being the best actress in high school, or the best athlete. Not only do people not care about any of that the second that you graduate, but when you get older, if you reference your successes in high school too much, it actually makes you look kind of pitiful, like some babbling old Tennessee Williams character with nothing else going on in her current life. What I've noticed is that almost no one who was a big star in high school is also a big star later in life. For us overlooked kids, it's so wonderfully fair." -Mindy Kaling, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?

7. "Do your thing and don't care if they like it." -Tina Fey, Bossypants

8. "Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise." -Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

9. "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Bernard M. Baruch

10. "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." -Mae West

11. "Be the change that you wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

12. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt, This is My Story

13. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou

14. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

15. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -H. Jackson Brown Jr., P.S. I Love You

16. "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not." -Andre Gide, Autumn Leaves

17. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”-Marilyn Monroe

18. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” -J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

19. “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”-Thomas Edison

20. “The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”-Mark Twain

21. “The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.” -Elie Wiesel

22. “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” -William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

23. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” -Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go

24. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”-Ralph Waldo Emerson

25. “Everything you can imagine is real.”-Pablo Picasso

26. “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” -George Bernard Shaw

27. "Success is the best revenge for anything." -Ed Sheeran

28. “Do one thing every day that scares you.”-Eleanor Roosevelt

29. "Being true to yourself never goes out of style." -Vivian, Legally Blonde: the Musical

30. “One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”-Stephen Hawking

31. “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.”-Frida Kahlo

32. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.”-Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

33. “The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”-Ayn Rand

34. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”-E.E. Cummings

35. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

36. “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” -Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

37. “Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.” -William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

38. “What you're supposed to do when you don't like a thing is change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. Don't complain.”-Maya Angelou, Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now

39. “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”-Aristotle

40. “He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.”-Bob Marley

41. “Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” -Roald Dahl

42. “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.” -Albert Einstein

43. “Well-behaved women seldom make history.”-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

44. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”-Anne Frank

45. “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” -Virginia Woolf

46. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!”-Audrey Hepburn

47. “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.” -Mahatma Gandhi

48. “It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.”-Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

49. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.”-Eleanor Roosevelt

50. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” -John Lennon

51. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”-Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

52.“We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.”-J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

53. “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”-J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

54. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

55. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” -Margaret Mead

56. “When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them.”-Marilyn Monroe

57. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -J.R.R Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

58. “First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.”-Mahatma Gandhi

59. “Whatever you are, be a good one.”-Abraham Lincoln

60. “Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary.” -Oscar Wilde

61. “We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.”-Marilyn Monroe

62. “Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.” -Lady Gaga

63. “We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.”-May Sarton

64. “You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”-A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh

65. “I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?”-John Lennon

66. “I feel sorry for anyone who is in a place where he feels strange and stupid.” -Lois Lowry, The Giver

67. “Take pride in your pain; you are stronger than those who have none.”-Lois Lowry, Gathering Blue

68. “Not being heard is no reason for silence.”-Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

69. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”-Winston Churchill

70. “It's okay to be not okay.”-Ed Sheeran

71. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -Oscar Wilde

72. “Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” -Edgar Allan Poe, Eleonora

73. “I have decided to stick to love...Hate is too great a burden to bear.” -Martin Luther King Jr.

74. “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -John Lennon

75. “Always do what you are afraid to do.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

76. “There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.” -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

77. “The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.” -Paulo Coehlo, The Alchemist

78. “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.”-Winston Churchill

79. “The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” -Disney's Mulan

80. “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.”-Anne Frank

81. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it's all that matters.” -Audrey Hepburn

82. “Real courage is when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.” -Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

83. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.”-Robert Frost

84. “This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.”-William Shakespeare, Hamlet

85. “What matters most is how well you walk through the fire”-Charles Bukowski

86. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” -Mark Twain

87. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” -Oprah Winfrey

88. “Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time.” -Marie Lu, Legend

89. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela

90.-Agatha Christie

91. “To me, Fearless is not the absence of fear. It's not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.” -Taylor Swift

92. “The only way we will survive is by being kind. The only way we can get by in this world is through the help we receive from others. No one can do it alone, no matter how great the machines are.” -Amy Poehler, Yes Please

93. "Society teaches us that having feelings and crying is bad and wrong. Well, that's just baloney because grief isn't wrong. There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." -Michael Scott, The Office

94. "Who the hell cares what anyone else thinks? Just look into your heart and do whatever the hell makes you happy." -Bob Kelso, Scrubs

95. "Embrace the glorious mess that you are." -Elizabeth Gilbert

96. "Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -Anonymous

97. "Once you've made the decision to move on, don't look back. You will never find your future in the rear view mirror." -Anonymous

98. "Don't forget that you're human. It's okay to have a melt down. Just don't unpack and live there. Cry it out and then focus on where you are headed." -Anonymous

99. "Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds." -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

100. "Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting." -John Green