I Am 100% Pro-Life And Proud Of It

I Am 100% Pro-Life And Proud Of It

My religious beliefs play a huge part in why I am pro-life.

48
I Am 100% Pro-Life And Proud Of It
Janko Ferlic

Abortion: It is one of the most controversial topics out there. That being said, I want to establish the fact that I am not trying to offend anyone by my pro-life stance, but trying to stand up for what I believe in. I want to allow others who may have different views to, at the very least, understand where I'm coming from. In a changing world that seems to be leaning further and further towards pro-choice beliefs, it is often very uncomfortable to be openly pro-life. Yet, there are many reasons why I am pro-life and I will not water down my beliefs in fear of what others might think.

Being a Christian and holding Christian beliefs is a huge part of why I am pro-life. Believe it or not, I was pro-choice for a very long time, so I understand. I thought that if someone didn't want to have a baby, they shouldn't have to. And what if someone got raped, or their baby was going to have serious health problems? Then they really shouldn't be forced to have it, I thought. Also, the baby would be aborted when it was barely formed, so what was the huge deal? But as I became deeper in my faith, I realized that it was never God's plan for a baby to be conceived, and then terminated before it even was able to enter the world He created. As a Christian, I believe that humans have souls and that every single person that comes into the world is uniquely created and going to exist in eternity. Eternity is forever, so that's a bigger deal than anyone can even wrap their minds around. God values every individual's life enough to give them eternal existence, so He clearly values life a lot, and preventing someone from having a life is not something He is okay with. He has a unique plan for everyone's life here on earth and it is so extremely hurtful to Him to take the life of one of His children without His or that child's consent. I believe that no human is going to take away any aborted baby's eternal existence, but that by taking away their life on earth they are robbing that potential baby of what they are entitled to at consent. How does anyone have the right to tell an unborn child that they should not be able to live on this earth?

Some make the argument that abortion is okay in some situations because if the child was born they would be in poverty and have little chances of being successful and happy. Yet, who are we to tell someone they shouldn't get to live because there is a possibility that they won't be successful or happy? No one could possibly know that for sure, and either way that still doesn't make it okay to prevent someone from being born. That baby, if allowed a chance at life, could grow into an adult and possibly go on to have their own family and make a greatly positive influence on this world. They would have childhood memories, moments of joy and laughter, times of trials and growth, and make their journey through the world like they should be able to. Yet some people believe that the child shouldn't get that opportunity, oftentimes merely because it would be an inconvenience. If that child was aborted, all of the people whose lives that child was going to touch would miss out.

No matter the circumstances, abortion is not fair to the life that is being taken. If a woman was raped, her baby should still get the opportunity to be in this world. A horrific event like rape could actually have the positive outcome of a uniquely crafted soul being brought in the world. God can turn a something awful into something beautiful if you give Him the chance. Likewise, if there are going to be health problems with the baby, that doesn't mean that the baby doesn't deserve to live and that God doesn't love them. God can use anyone to bring glory to Him, and bring joy to anyone, no matter their health or circumstances. God would love that child just as much as every other person He has created, and would still have just as good of a plan for their life. As for accidental pregnancy, I understand that mistakes happen and I do not want to put any judgment on someone who has gone through or is going through that. I do think that they should take responsibility for their actions and grant the baby they conceived a chance to at life, like the chance that they themselves were given. I think one thing many people do not consider is that they were given the opportunity to live the life they have, so they shouldn't take that opportunity from others. How would they feel if they were aborted?

Every person is important and deserves a chance. To take the opportunity away from anyone is in no case okay. Making the decision to keep a baby is in my opinion always the right one and a choice that will in the end never be regretted. Every conceived soul should be given a fair shot at life, like every other human in this world has been given. Life is too precious, valuable, and beautiful to not give them that shot.