10 Ways You Can Treat Yo Self In College

Pizza and Wine? TREAT YO SELF.
138

College can be stressful...super stressful. As the semester winds down and deadlines grow closer and closer, it can be hard to keep your head above the water. I found myself caught in a rut today until my boyfriend reminded me- sometimes, taking a break is 100% necessary. Therefore- treating yourself in college, on a budget, can often be the roadblock to that oncoming mental breakdown. So here a few ways to keep yourself cool as a cucumber (or at least help you pretend) as the end of the semester comes crashing down around us all.

1. Take a 15 minute power-nap.

Yep- that's right! Treat yourself to a quick power nap. My dad (probably one of the most efficient workers I know- go Dad!) is a strong advocate, and I'm more than happy to oblige.

2. Watch an episode of Netflix after a full day of classes, then head to the library.

Nothing like treating yourself to some 13 Reasons Why after a full day of classes.

3. Make a quick Chipotle run with your roommate.

If you have like, $10-$12 to spare, this is an instant day-maker.

4. Grab a candy bar from the on-campus Lobby Shop.

Plus, if you have dining dollars, it's practically Monopoly money!

5. Order some takeout...pizza anyone?

Depending upon the funds- ask your roommate if they'd be down to split a pie or order from the same place, that way you can treat-yo selves together.

6. Have a wine-night.

Tired from a long week? Sit back with your friends and share some cheap wine in your PJ's...combine this step with #5 and that's one hell of a night.

7. Go hit up Target, they have everything you need- from dresses to snacks.

Why not? If you have spare time on the weekend, treat yo-self to a new top or some microwavable popcorn.

8. Go out for coffee.

Grab a seat at In-House for, like 20-30 minutes, and hash out the stresses of your life with your best friend. Anything can be solved over caffeine.

9. Have a classic GNO at the bar.

Toss them back, it's been a long week. (Kidding, drink responsibly...act like an ADULT.)

And finally, coming full circle-

10. Go to bed early.

The best gift is the gift of sleep.