10 Ways To Get Into The Holiday Spirit

10 Ways To Get Into The Holiday Spirit

Because no one likes a Scrooge or a Grinch!

371
10 Ways To Get Into The Holiday Spirit

The best season is upon us! I love everything about Christmas time and I know I'm not alone on this one. But are you doing everything you can to festively transition into the holiday spirit? I listed 8 things you HAVE to try this season. Following this list will put you right in the holly jolly mood and bring more joy to your holiday world this Christmas season!

1. Make Holiday Treats

There is an endless amount of fun holiday recipes all over Pinterest and Facebook! The treats range from a hearty comfort dinner to sugary reindeer cake pops. The list goes on and on. Every year when I am home on break, my family and I get together and make Christmas cookies and other desserts of sorts. Below are some links from Pinterest that I have either tried or am planning on trying! I highly encourage looking up these fun recipes with your family, friends, significant other or all together! It's a great way to spend time with those who mean the most, during the holiday you love the most!

https://www.iheartnaptime.net/rolo-pretzel-sandwic...

YUM!^

https://www.averiecooks.com/2011/12/chocolate-salt...

Bark is my FAVORITE holiday treat!

https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/peppermint-white-hot...

https://dreamingindiy.com/the-best-christmas-cooki...

2. Listen To Holiday Music

Whether you like it or not, the Christmas music is going to be playing everywhere you go this time of year. If you're like me and LOVE Christmas music, you're okay with this. I even have a Spotify playlist dedicated to Christmas music that I listen to year-round. Some of my favorite songs to jam out to while putting the tree up:

1. "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey

2. "Believe" by Josh Groban

3. "Santa on the Rooftop" by Trisha Yearwood and Rosie O'Donnell

4. "Mistletoe" by Justin Bieber

5. "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" by Cher and Rosie O'Donnell

3. Get Outside

There are so many festive outdoor activities just about anywhere you go. Take a quick trip down to the Cincinnati Zoo this winter for their Festival of Lights! The zoo is decorated entirely for Christmas and it is a gorgeous sight to see. Another Cincy Christmas attraction that is making a comeback this winter season is Winter Fest at Kings Island! I am so excited to see what this event is all about. I have only heard great things from past attendees. Lastly, nothing beats the malls during Christmas time. They are decorated so nicely and the faint sound of Christmas music playing in the background is bound to put anyone in a cheerful mood. I would recommend checking out Kenwood Mall and the Liberty Center this winter.

4. Binge Watch Christmas Movies

There is just something about Christmas movies that really puts me in a good mood. Whether it's a comedy or a romantic movie, if it's Christmas-related then I am all for it. I could watch these movies all year-round if I could. A few of my classic favorites are:

1. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

2. Elf

3. The Polar Express

4. Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas

5. A Christmas Story

Starting in November, Hallmark Channel begins running their Christmas programs and these are never disappointing. Not impressed with my suggestions? Try flipping to the Hallmark Channel or Lifetime Movie Network.

5. Put Up Some Decorations

There truly is nothing better than walking in your front door and being greeted by Christmas decorations galore! Getting the house ready for the holidays is my favorite way to get in the Christmas spirit! I love putting the tree up (or if you're like my family, you're extra and have multiple trees to put up throughout the house) and putting the ornaments on all while jamming out to some Mariah Carey. So get your decorations out from the storage and get decorating!! I heard Santa is skipping the boring houses this year!

6. Cozy Up By the Fire

Indoors or outdoors, something about a nice warm fire just screams Christmas to me. Getting a nice fire started, cuddling up with your significant other, drinking hot chocolate and watching a Christmas movie while cookies are baking in the oven is the ideal winter evening for me. There is just something about being warm and cozy and the smell of cookies lingering in the air that really puts you in a joyous mood.

7. Infamous Ugly Christmas Sweaters

Hands down the best parties of the year are during Christmas time when you get to break out those ugly sweaters! It's so fun walking around and seeing what everyone else is wearing. Shopping for these sweaters is the best part, though, because you have so much fun doing it! Some of the stuff you see while shopping for them is hysterical. If you've never been to an "ugly Christmas sweater" party, I would highly recommend going to one this year!

8. Play In The Snow

It doesn't matter what age you are, when it snows, a snow ball fight is completely fair game. I love getting outside on a snowy day and playing with my dog, attempting to build snowmen with my brother or starting snowball fights with my family when they're not looking. After being outside in the cold, come inside and make yourself a nice hot chocolate, cozy up by the fire and watch one of the movies listed above!

9. Go To Church

Whether you go to mass on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or not at all, I would recommend trying to make a habit out of going during the Christmas season. The churches are decorated beautifully and Advent is going on during this time as well, meaning the purple and pink candles are set up somewhere in the church. Hearing the reading's about Jesus' coming and eventually his birth is amazing. He truly is the reason for the season!

10. Spend Time With Family

To get everything you can out of this Christmas season, spend time with your family and I promise you will achieve that goal. Everything listed above can be done with others and who else is better to do them with than your family? Take time this holiday season to make great memories and experiences with those that you love the most.

Winter is a jubilant time to spend with family and friends. Making memories and sharing stories together is something that is irreplaceable. I don't know about you, but I hate it when Christmas is actually over. That is why I try my best to soak in every second during the holiday moments and not leave anything left undone. With that being said, I hope you all enjoy yourselves this holiday season and you are filled with lots of Christmas joy!!! Ho Ho Ho!!