10 Ways College is SO Different than High School

40
  • 10 Ways College is SO Different than High School

1. Not a single person cares what you wear and if you wear makeup or not.

Crazy right? You go from waking up an hour and half before the bus comes so you can get dressed and do your makeup and then you get to college. You can literally roll out of bed and go to class not a single person is ever going to look at you funny because EVERYONE does it.

2. Professors won’t call home when you don’t show up, they don’t care.

You know how whenever you missed school they would call home and leave a voicemail like, “ *INSERT NAME* missed periods 1,2,3 today.” There is no such thing at college, because quite frankly no one cares if you show up or you never do.

3. Saying that, NO ONE will care if you go to class or not.

When you woke up constantly from your mom or dad waking you up and forcing you to go to school, this will be the hardest part of college. No one is going to force you to go to class, only you can so TIP GET UP AND GO TO CLASS.

4. Professors say WHATEVER they want, no matter what.

Whether it is cursing or expressing their feelings about the President, they don’t have a filter what so ever. They don’t care if you’ll get uncomfortable, they just do whatever they want. My first ever class as a freshmen the professor went “ oh by the way I have the mouth of a f**** sailor” … priceless.

5. Walking to class….

If you think walking from one class to another in 3 minutes is hard, try walking from one side of campus to another in 10 minutes. Yeah it sucks. I’ll take those 3 minutes and across the high school back any day.

6. Dorm life, duh

Dorm life is much different than living at home and going to school every day. Dorm life, especially your first year, means you’re never alone. But that’s not a negative thing you always have your roommate to laugh with and floormates to make friends with.

7. The homework/workload is well, killer.

Let’s be honest you laughed your way through high school and barely ever studies. Now you’re in college and see your first 60 and realize “shit .. maybe I should study.” And yeah, you should cause if you don’t make 375 note cards per class you’ll never pass.

8. YOU DON’T HAVE A FORCED LUNCH TIME, BLESS

One of the worst things about high school about high school was getting 3rd period lunch and having to eat lunch at 10;05 AM and having no say in it. At college, you can eat whenever you want and it is the best thing ever.

9. No forced gym sports that you hated in high school.

Being that I was always the girl that got hit in the face with a volleyball and called endless names because I wasn’t great at basketball, knowing I never have to take another gym class again is the most amazing feeling in the whole world.

10. You go from knowing everyone in your class to being lucky if you know one.

You literally walk into class like oh I’ve never seen any of these people in my life!!!! Great!!! I guess it’s better than having class with people you hate. Now if you get embarrassed in class at least you know no one, right?