10 Ways To Appreciate Your Dog

10 Ways To Appreciate Your Dog

Their love is the best so here is how to love them back

725
10 Ways To Appreciate Your Dog

Dogs give us endless, unconditional love. There are so many ways that dogs show their appreciation to us whether it is by loving us, taking us on walks, or just being a good pal to us, dogs are a huge part of the family and no one would have it any other way. While your dog does so much for you, here are ten ways you can show your dog appreciation so that they know you care about them.

1. Scratch their ear for just a little bit longer than usual. Dogs love attention and they love getting their ears scratched even more. Make your dogs day by petting them just a little longer even if your hand gets tired.
  2. Tell them they are a "pretty dog". Yeah you probably sound like an idiot, think of how good you feel after someone tells you that you look good. Even if your dog gets a bad hair cut, give them the confidence they deserve and show them that they can WORK IT.
  3. Let them sleep on your bed. Sleeping on the floor can't be fun every night! Let them be comfy and cozy next to you in the place where you are the most comfortable.
  4. Take them for a car ride. If dogs love anything, it is a good car ride. They love their fur flowing in the wind and you love the slobber that dribbles down the passenger window.
  5. Give them a bath. Some dogs hate being in water, but it is so much more fun for you to do it than a stranger in a dog grooming salon. So go buy your dog some nice smelling shampoo and give them a bath that will make them feel fresh!
  6. Cover them with a blanket if they are sleeping soundly. It is pretty darn cute to see a dog under a blanket. Plus, they will be warmer and sleep better. (See number three for a great combo).
  7. Feed them table scraps. Obviously dog food is better for dogs, but one small bite of chicken won't hurt anyone! A trick would be to accidentally drop it so your dog doesn't get into a bad habit of begging.
  8. Dress them up. Whoever said clothes are only for humans clearly hasn't seen a dog in a t-shirt. It is as cute if not cuter than a baby in clothes.
  9. Introduce them to the people closest to you. Dogs are usually the best judges of character. If you aren't sure about the people you are hanging around, let your dog take a sniff and see if they are worth your time.
  10. TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM. Dogs may not be able to speak English, but they know when you tell them that you mean it.

Make sure to always treat your dog right. You wouldn't want them to run away to a new home! Always treat your pooch right, and he or she will be sure to return the favor. As we all know, dogs are the greatest part of a family!