10 Unique Food Items Fast Food Chains Introduced Over The Years

Odd Foods From Everyone's Favorite Fast Food Places

851
Wikimedia

It seems as if fast food restaurants are constantly trying to reinvent themselves with new, innovative, maybe somewhat odd, foods. Some of them have been hits, while other misses. Here are 10 unique food items introduced over the years by popular food chains.

1. Burger King: Lucky Charms Shake

I am a fellow Lucky Charms cereal lover myself and was quite intrigued when I saw that Burger King had invented a vanilla shake around it. Now, some people may question what they were thinking here, but I think it was a great idea. Definitely unique and very innovative. What’s great is you can get it today!

2. Sonic: Pretzel Dog

Sonic has recently re-introduced their new Pretzel Dog, which takes on an interesting twist to a traditional hot dog bun. This new hot dog transforms a regular bun into a gourmet pretzel bun. Having the option to try out a different bread was a smart move, especially for pretzel lovers. I had the chance to try it the other day, and it is definitely something everyone should sample at least once.

3 Taco Bell: Waffle Taco

Taco Bell had come out with a Waffle Taco a few years back, and I am sure that this discontinued item is missed by us all. It was a waffle shaped as a taco, with eggs and sausage inside, and syrup on top if desired. What is better than your favorite breakfast items compact inside a waffle? Someone, please enlighten me.

4. McDonald's: Green Burger

Green and burgers never seem to mix in any situation. However, that did not stop McDonald’s from creating an 'Angry Birds' themed green burger. I do not necessarily know if I would have the stomach to try this creation, although I imagine it’s not too bad considering its immense popularity in China.

5. Krispy Kreme: Jelly Bean Mix

Krispy Kreme only makes doughnuts? Well think again. Krispy Kreme has come out with Krispy Kreme Jelly Bean mixes in bulk or in gift sizes. Every flavor from Original, Strawberry, Chocolate, Cinnamon Apple to Blueberry glazed doughnut flavored beans. Quite an interesting take on two distinct snacks.

6. Pizza Hut: Grilled Cheese Stuffed Crust

Did anyone ever think that a staple food such as grilled cheese would come together with pizza? Well this unique food item came to the menu in 2016 and seemed to be quite a hit. I think I’d like to try it sometime if it were to ever make a comeback.

7. Red Robin: Beam-N-Boozy Bacon Shake

Bacon in a shake is something we all have wanted to secretly try. Red Robin had come out with their Beam-N-Boozy Bacon Shake that consisted of Jim Beam Maple, bacon bits, caramel and, of course, an entire strip of bacon for that extra flare, all inside a vanilla shake. It is definitely one of those drinks you need to try just to say you have!

SEE ALSO: Confessions Of An Ex-Red Robin Employee

8. Dairy Queen: Guardians of the Galaxy Blizzard

Who says that a huge block buster movie can’t be a success in the kitchen as well? Dairy Queen introduced their Guardians of the Galaxy Blizzard for a limited time. The ingredients included brownies, chocolate, cookie pieces and caramel. I wish I had tried it!

9. Whataburger: Hulk Drink

The Hulk is a very popular Marvel character, which is probably why Whataburger wanted to dedicate an entire drink to this superhero. This green drink features Powerade and Vault Soda to resemble this fictional character’s identifiable green skin as closely as possible. Quite refreshing on a hot, summer's day.

10. Jack in The Box: Hella-Peno Burger

For those of you that crave the heat, Jack in The Box came out with their cleverly named Jalapeño based burger, the Hella-Peno Burger. Pepper lovers have finally been given their favorite snack. Honestly, who would have thought about pairing the two; but aren’t we glad they did.