10 TV Shows Every Woman In Her 20s Must Watch

Trust me, you'll be as addicted as I am to these shows.
1727

My generation is definitely the Netflix generation. We love to binge watch every possible show that we can possibly relate to and, not only that, we love to fantasize what our lives would be like in shows that aren't so practical in our every day lives. Going along with this, I am presenting you all with a list of, not only some of my favorite TV shows, but some that I think the women of my generation should take the time to watch or, you know, binge watch as much as you can as soon as possible. Some of these shows I have related to personally, while others are not so closely related to my life, even though I wish I was Daenarys from Game of Thrones. Check it out!

10. Chasing Life

Even though this show was super short lived, I fell in love with the first season. Without giving too many spoilers away, Chasing Life is about a 24 year old journalist named April Carver (Italia Ricci) who discovers she has leukemia. The show follows the ups and downs of April’s experience with cancer, her work, her love life, and her family life. While watching this show had me laughing and crying, I also learned that life is not always what it seems and, no matter how hard you try, things may not go the way that you want them to. Chasing Life taught me to live every single day without regret.

9. iZombie

I discovered this show on a rainy Sunday and binge-watched the whole thirteen episode, first season in a matter of two days. Impressive, I know. iZombie, as strange of a concept as it is, is a fantastic TV show and it may even have you squirming a little in your seat. Picture this, a girl goes to a party and, well, dies then wakes up as a zombie. Pretty fun, right? It gets better. Liz (Rose McIver) is the main character and she is a pretty rad medical resident who uses her zombie powers to help the police solve murders. I seriously suggest watching this show, just don’t eat any brains!

8. Greek

Greek just might be my guiltiest of guilty pleasures. And no, it’s not just because I’m a sucker for Cappie (Scott Michael Foster). This show is just full of drama between sororities and fraternities. Even though some of the sorority girls in this show were kind of unrealistic in their behavior, the main female lead, Casey (Spencer Grammer), is a pretty powerful character. She’s in a leadership position at her sorority, not to mention the fact that she works with Panhellenic to create Greek unity amongst all of the sororities and fraternities. If you’re looking for a fun watch with no strings attached, you should watch Greek!

7. Reign

Reign is a TV show about the fictitious life of Mary Queen of Scots (Adelaide Kane) while she is living in the French Court. Let me just say that Mary is kind of a badass. Not only is she fighting against the French to save her home country of Scotland, she married into French royalty and is saving her country on step at a time.

6. Veronica Mars

If you’re looking for a good mystery, then look no further than Veronica Mars. Veronica Mars follows the everyday life of, you guessed it, Veronica Mars (Kristen Bell). She’s the best private detective around and she kind of kicks ass at her job. Veronica is not easily intimidated by her male counterparts and she is the one who typically outshines them. Watch as she takes down bad guys and lives a, well, fairly normal everyday life.

5. One Tree Hill

I’m sorry, but how could I not put One Tree Hill on here? For most woman my age and a bit older, this show was iconic. Watching the main characters Brooke (Sophia Bush), Haley (Bethany Joy Lenz), Peyton (Hilarie Burton), Nathan (James Lafferty), and Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) go from high school to full-fledged adults was a pretty big part of my teen years. Plus, I pretty much aspired to be Haley and Peyton. Even though their high school years were bumpy, the characters ended up all being very successful afterwards, which had a pretty good influence on my life.

4. The 100

The 100 is an amazing show. If you’re in the mood for a dystopian action-adventure, this is the show for you. One hundred kids fall from their home, which is a space station, and end up on Earth which is practically destroyed from radiation. Clarke (Eliza Taylor) leads her and her fellow 100, trying to keep them safe as well as trying to create a sustainable lifestyle on Earth. Let’s just say it’s not that easy for them and you’re going to have to watch the show to fully understand what I mean!

3. How I Met Your Mother

How I Met Your Mother is one of the best shows of all time, in my opinion. Not only are the characters great and hilarious, the whole concept of the TV series is just awesome. When someone asks me if I think I am a Robin (Cobie Smulders) or a Lily (Alyson Hannigan), I always say that I’m somewhere between the two. Although, I wasn’t a huge fan of the ending, I still loved the show overall. We all need a little Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) in our lives.

2. Grey’s Anatomy

Grey’s had me hooked from the first season. I spent about two month watching season one through twelve on Netflix and now I only want more, more, more! This show is packed with powerful women and men who rock the fictional medical world that this show revolves around. Surprisingly, my favorite character is not Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo), regardless to popular belief. Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez) has my heart and for those of you who aren’t completely caught up, don’t worry, I won’t spoil a thing!

1. Game of Thrones

GoT is full of everything you need in a TV show- Jon Snow, blood, lust, and did I mention Jon Snow? This show has had me sitting at the edge of my seat since the first season and I have never been so happy to watch a show where so many characters are terminated. I know, that sounds awful, but this show is the best of the best. Sansa and Daenerys are my favorites!