10 Tips For Incoming Freshmen

10 Tips For Incoming Freshmen

Call Your Parents!
28

1. Do not overbook yourself

It is so easy to roam around the club fair, see ads on Facebook for different events or simply think you are superhuman that can do everything but I promise as much as you try, you aren't. In college, it is most important to focus on yourself first and then classes. Find one or two things you are most passionate about and dive head first into those instead of giving 50% into 8 things.

2. Try new things

Even if you find out the rugby team is not for you there was no harm in trying it, right? Use this time to try new things and find out what you like to spend your time doing.

3. Go to the library

I know everyone says it but I am guilty of it too. I did not use the library as much as I should have my freshmen year and I can tell you it is worth it to use it. It is multi-purposeful. I mean you can bring a blanket and take a nap, print things and write out your whole life story while sitting in the library.

4. Use a planner

My planner is my lifeline to everything I commit to in college. You may not think you need to organize yourself with a planner but trust me, you will forget something if you do not have it.

5. Eat and exercise regularly

Grades aren't everything in life. You come first. Make sure to take time for yourself. Whether that is getting up a few minutes earlier to get breakfast from the dining hall or to get a work out it, then so be it because you will be happier you did it in the long run.

6. Organize your study space once in a while

Nothing makes me more anxious than coming back to a messy room especially a messy study space. It is proven that if you tidy your study space it will give you more motivation to get your studies done.

7. Be yourself

Going into freshmen year everyone says it is a time to re invent yourself. Do not try to be anyone but yourself because the friends you make or the friends you will want to have are the ones who will love you for YOU.

8. Cherish each moment

College goes by fast especially freshmen year so cherish every moment and the opportunity it hands you.

9. Study

I mean at the end of the day you aren't paying thousands of dollars to party every night (shocking, I know) so prioritize your time so you can enjoy your experience.

10. Call your parents

Nothing will make your parents day more than giving them a call every so often. You can deny it all you want but at some point you will miss your parents, I promise.