10 Thoughts You Instantly Have When You See a Cooking Video on Facebook

"Sh*t, I see another cooking video. Here we go."

27
Meme Generator

In the beginning, Facebook was used mainly for status updates every few hours and a "Like for a truth is :P" for those young enough to remember the good old days. However, a sharing epidemic seems to be sweeping Facebook. First, it was the ever so random news articles and funny videos that kept getting shared on people's walls.

Now, the new craze are cooking videos that show you how to make an amazing meal or dessert, all within about 2 minutes. Ranging from a Three Cheese Chicken Roll-up dinner recipe to a Cinnamon and Sugar Cheesecake Bar dessert recipe, anyone is sure to find a recipe that will make their mouth water and their tummy very, very happy.

The occurrence of this type of video sharing has absolutely sky-rocketed within recent weeks, making a habit of seeing one of these videos shared in one's Facebook news feed. This being said, here are the 10 thoughts you have when, casually scrolling Facebook, you see someone has shared a cooking video:

1. "Sh*t, I see another cooking video."

The initial panic. Unsure if you should even scroll down a little bit more to see what the actual recipe is for, almost 99.8% of the time you do. Mostly because the recipe is bound to be quick, easy and delicious.

2. "I hope it isn't a delicious looking dessert."

Just before you scroll down, you take a moment of silence for your summer body.. just in case the video is a dessert recipe. They always look so good and easy to make.. it is almost a shame if you don't bake it.

3. "Woah, they combined those two ingredients?!"

It seems to be like each recipe combines two completely random ingredients that are rarely used together. For example, meatballs made with blue cheese inside of them... Odd

4. "Now I gotta see how this recipe turns out."

This statement has got to be everyone's next thought. Because of the short length of these videos, they have about a minute to show you how they pull the meal together at the end, even with the weird ingredients. And you must know how it ends.

5. "Oh no, they added (insert gross/allergic food of your choice). This delicious meal is ruined."

I have not found a recipe yet that didn't add at least one ingredient that I either don't like or am allergic too. This is usually a huge let down because the video was just getting to the good part.

6. "That finished product is flawless; it looks so freaking good."

Finally seeing the end result, especially in video form, is a true moment of bliss. You did absolutely nothing, except waste 2 minutes watching the entire video, but you feel connected to this dish now. No idea how or why but you feel it.

7. "I want to make this whole recipe now. UGH"

After already watching the art of the creative cooking process, you now want to actually live it, in real life. It is hard not to make the recipe after you have already experienced the entirety of the video.

8. "I wonder how much a Crockpot is. And all of the other random ingredients and cooking supplies that I don't have to make this delicious meal."

After coming back to reality, you realize that you don't own any of the necessities to cook this fantastic meal. Like almost none of them and they all cost a lot just to make one meal.

9. "I just looked at the time and it is 10:07 a.m. and I'm sitting in my Psychology lecture. Why am I craving this so much?! Thanks a lot Facebook."

At this point, you come to terms with how enthralled you became by that 1:26 cooking video. And how you thought about it for wayyyyy longer than you should have. And how you probably just ate and are not even that hungry.

10. "Mom, I saw this super cool recipe on Facebook and it looks so good! Can you pretty please make it for me the next time I come home? I just emailed you the link!"

Though you have moved on with your day, that delicious recipe has not escaped your looming thoughts. So, you do what any other person would do: ask your mother to make the delicious meal for you.

If this is not the exact thought process of everyone who comes across a cooking video on your Facebook news feed, then I envy you. Having this cascade of thoughts occur each time a video is shared is exhausting, but at the same time so exciting. Happy cooking!!! (For more recipes check out here! )