10 Thoughts For The Election

10 Thoughts For The Election

This might be the most important election in the history of the US.

1
10 Thoughts For The Election
CNN

The two people that are running for the Presidency of the United States represents where America is right now as a country. How in the world did we end up with these two candidates? A better question would be, why did we choose these two people? Aren't there better people out there to run this country?

This election will not only decide who is the next President, of course, but it will also decide who the next Supreme Court Judge is. If you elect Donald, you get a more conservative judge. If you elect Hillary, you elect a more liberal/progressive judge.

I don't think people understand how powerful their vote is.

You get to determine the next leader of the free world. You have a say in how this country is represented. You have a voice and it gets to be heard.

Here's my list of things you need to know:

1. We must inform ourselves about the nominees. We must read about the good and the bad of each candidate and choose a nominee that best reflects our core values.

2. God gave each of us a brain to use. USE it and stand strong in what you believe in.

3. This election will probably rank up there as one the most important elections in the history of this great nation. Be proud that you get to be a part of it. That's the beauty of getting to live in America. You have a say in where this country goes next.

4. ALL lives matter. Think about this, when God was hanging up on the cross after being brutally beaten he didn't say "Forgive everybody but (insert race/religious affiliation here)." Instead he said "Forgive THEM for they know not what THEY do." He died for all of us. Every. Single. One of us. Period. Blacks, Whites, Muslims...you name it, He died for everybody. The BLM Movement is a hate group. The police are not targeting black people. In fact, more white people are killed by cops than black people are. Look it up. I know...facts hurt don't they?

5. What if we had to choose between a criminal and successful yet sometimes shady businessman? Well, unfortunately for us, that's exactly what we get to do.

6. In the Bible, David saw a woman named Bathsheba. Committed adultery with her and got her pregnant. He then sent her husband to the front line of battle where he was killed. God said this was murder. Which made David a murderer even though he didn't kill the husband himself. Although Hillary didn't commit adultery, (her husband did), she did murder according to the Bible's standards. She KNEW it was a planned attack, yet she didn't do anything about it to try and save American lives. Sound familiar? Also, she lied to the American people. Liar and murderer. I could go on, but...I digress.

7. This is the first time that I have ever been able to vote. My dad is a history teacher, and this means that I've been told all my life that having the right to vote is unique and something I should be proud of. Recently I have been around people that say they're not going to vote in this election. What?! Are you serious? Most of these kids are my age. We should be honored to get to vote for who is the next Commander-In-Chief. Men and women fight every single day for them and their rights. GET OUT AND VOTE. You may not want Donald Trump to win or you may not want Hillary Clinton to win. I don't care who you vote for. But, remember this, no vote at all is practically a vote for the candidate you don't want to win.

8. I will NEVER vote for somebody who thinks socialism is a good idea. People have died because of that word. Just ask Nazi Germany how that went. Better yet, take a trip to Venezuela right now.

9. Politicians are not the only people who can be the President of the United States. Anyone can run for president. My dad could run for president right now and he has been a teacher and a baseball coach his entire life. Somehow, in the years following 1776, we have forgotten this.

10. I love this country. I love its people. I will not "move out of this country" like some people say they will...(Raven Symoné, I'm looking at you)...if the person that I vote for doesn't win. Because, in the end, we're all on the same team. We're all Americans and there is no United States of America without its people. “A house divided against itself cannot stand." -Abraham Lincoln

God Bless,

Tyler Payne