For those of you who either work part-time or don't work at all, money can be a stressful worry. While keeping up with schoolwork, attending club meetings, and having a social life, it's difficult to make a lot of money. Whether you're paying for college, your car, fun things to do with friends, food, or necessities; money is a daily struggle for most college students with a minimum wage job.
I find myself talking a lot about money throughout my day for many different reasons. A lot of people I know even talk to me about their money problems, as well. So, how does money really afflict a college student's daily life?
1. "Can we just stay in tonight and watch Netflix?"
The alternative to not being able to go out. Nothing beats a night in with your friends or boyfriend watching Netflix and munching on popcorn.
2. Trying to decide between a small and a large coffee.
Because the price for everything makes all the difference.
3. *Withdraws $20* *Tears come streaming down your face*
Okay, I don't know about you, but it's pretty sad. It's like being $20 broker than you were before.
4. Seeing a college bill show up in the mail
"Maybe if I ignore it, it will just disappear."
5. Looking at the cost of textbooks and a little piece of your heart breaks.
It's fine, I don't really need to learn anyways.
6. When you're finally able to treat yourself to buy a good meal and your friend tries to tag along.
7. Getting free samples of anything is a blessing.
The excitement and happiness of getting free food or free samples of anything is indescribable.
8. "I just spent $15 on a shirt. I hate myself."
This counts for girls and guys too. Sometimes you just have to spend a little extra for a shirt you really want. You'll feel happy at the time while buying it, but then regret it when you leave the store.
9. When your rich friend always wants to go somewhere or do something expensive...
This is in no offense to you, but can we just hang out instead of spending money I don't have?
10. After working for a long time and finally being able to afford something fun.
You cherish every moment and never take it for granted.
Don't worry, these times will end after college. Being a broke college student now will only give you the motivation to have a successful career in the future. For now, enjoy the company of the people you love without spending money. Having fun doesn't have to be expensive.