10 Things You Need To Bring To College

10 Things You Need To Bring To College

I'll tell you what you need, what you really really need.

16
10 Things You Need To Bring To College
Author's Photo

In my last article I talked about what you should not take college and I think its only right to discuss the things you should bring to college that typically you wouldn’t think or tend to overlook when packing.

1. A Brita Filter

Sure, there are probably available sinks in your room or hall kitchen but do you really want to drink water you have no knowledge about especially when it comes to chemicals and such? It is also cheaper and more environmentally safe than buying and drinking from plastic water bottles all the time.

2. Décor

In my last article, I mentioned it’s all about quality over quantity when it comes to decorating your not so spacious living area, but that doesn’t cancel out the idea of bringing a few décor pillows, canvases and lights to hang up. By doing this you are making it somewhat homey for you because that will be where you will sleep. Eat and study for 9 months.

3. Workout clothes

Going to the gym is just something most people try to do in college. For some reason its like a trend, especially as a freshman, you want to show your parents that you are adulting right and taking care of your health.

4. Dishes/Utensils

Because you will not eat all the time in your dining hall and you do not eat like a cave man, unless you do that’s cool, not judging.

5. Cleaning Supplies

Dorm rooms do not self clean and boy do they get messy fast. Too be completely honest I cleaned almost everyday because for some reason being in such an old dorm with no AC and having to leave the window opened created world war 3 of dust accumulation in my room. If you have Asthma, Allergies or OCD like I do cleaning will be a daily or every other day thing for you.

6. A Fan

ITS ESSENTIAL. Whether you have AC or not you will want one maybe even two. No AC from experience is not fun and central AC is not that reliable on keeping you cool.

7. Garbage Bags

Because you are human and create trash, it's life.

8. A Power Strip

The Dorm Gods probably blessed you with one or two outlets for you and your roommate to share and because we are such a technology-advanced society and everything nowadays has to be plugged in its more than necessary to have a power strip and it also organizes everything too.

9. Medicine

One of many things adulting entails; the responsibility to take care of your health and the fact you can’t miss class or have sick days in which buying expensive medicine and regulating it yourself is a part of your life now. Mom and Dad are not there to remind you and give you your bubble gum flavored cold medicine anymore.

**From one adult in training to another: Read the directions on medicine bottles and if they are non-drowsy or not, you don’t want to start to fall asleep in class because you took night medicine (This totally most definitely happened to me).

10. Umbrella

Because it rains and you are now walking to and from buildings. Be prepared

Well I hope over the next week or two before move in day as you are packing up your life that these small (Big) suggestions will be helpful to you.