10 Things You Need To Hear This Week As A College Student

We all get busy and some times need to be reminded of a few things.

7

As a college student, we are learning to navigate life on our own. We are all extremely busy and sometimes forget to remember the little things. Sometimes we're stressed beyond belief and need a few words of encouragement to be able to push through the week. Here are a few positive reminders that you didn't even know you needed this week.

1. Focus on the good stuff. 

There will always be bad things, no life is perfect. Instead of dwelling on the bad things in your life, try to focus on the good!

2. Good things take time. 

Not everything is immediate, the truly good friendships take time to develop. The leadership positions take time to gain experience. Everything that is major and worthwhile will take some time, and that's okay.

3. Life is tough, but so are you!

You are strong enough and smart enough to face your problems. Yes, your homework is hard, but you can do it!

4. Put down the coffee, and go drink some water.

Caffeine is a college necessity, I'm not trying to argue that it isn't. But, water is more important! Stay hydrated!

5. There shouldn't be any shame in the struggle of doing what you love. 

Don't ever be embarrassed because you're working harder than others to get what you want!

6. Let that shit go. 

Whatever you're mad about or upset about right now, just let it go. You cannot spend your time being upset about things. If what you're upset about won't matter in five years, don't spend more than five minutes being upset about it.

7. Go to bed early tonight!

Sometimes staying up late to study does more harm than good. Take one night this week to go to bed early! Going to bed early is better than sleeping in.

8. It costs absolutely nothing to be a kind person. 

Remember that it truly requires little effort to be kind to other people. The way you treat people truly has a lasting impact. You can totally change someone's day just by being kind.

9. Don't stop grinding until you're proud. 

Work hard and remember your goals!

10. You're doing great! 

Keep up the hard work and take care of yourself.