10 Things You Do When Reunited With Your Best Friend Back Home
popular

The process is always the same.

3367
We Heart It

One of the hardest things for people when they head off to college is being separated from their best friend. So when you finally get time to visit back home and it matches up with their schedule, it's like the heavens have aligned just for this reunion to happen. Here are ten things that you do when you see your best friend when visiting home again.

1. The little mini freak out session and you just can't seem to hold in your scream of excitement anymore.

In that moment, when you lay eyes on each other for the first time in however long, it's on. You run, jump, hug, scream, and if it's been too long you might possibly cry. It's the best feeling seeing your best friend after being separated.

2. Catching up on all the gossip in each others lives.

The only thing you want for your best friend is for her or him to be happy. So you're there for all the good and bad stories especially to tell her after the bad stories that it's going to be okay.

3. Hearing about all their new friends and trying not to be jealous of her new best friend at school.

Let's be honest, we all know you're happy that your best friend is having so much fun at college. However, whenever she starts sharing all these stories about night outs with her "bff whoever", it's not that easy to smile about.

4. Finally being able to see your second family.

You're not just excited about seeing your family and your best friend, but you're also excited about seeing your best friend's family. Growing up they were always like a second set of parents and siblings to you, so it's always important to go over and see them.

5. When you run into people together that you still don't like.

You didn't like them in middle school or high school, so you still don't like them now in college. It's always that dreaded moment when you're walking around the mall, laughing and relaxing until you run into them. You still wonder why they felt compelled to tell you about "how amazing their life is going" when everyone know you couldn't care less

6. Best friend date nights.

You plan on going to that nice, new, posh restaurant in town and go shopping for clothes because she's the only person that will give you an honest answer. However, that doesn't happen. Y'all see all over Facebook how everyone is getting engaged, married, and having babies while you end up sitting on the couch with your best friend contemplating what y'all are doing wrong when you can't even handle a relationship with a dog or cat.

7. Sleepovers.

It might have been months, weeks, or days since the last time that y'all have been able to have a sleep over; but you soon realize even during that time apart it's still the same. She or you are still a crazy sleeper, or snores like a bear, or whatever else it is. Nothing has changed which in the end is a good thing.

8. When she goes home for the night you end going on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stalk all the boys and friends she's talked about.

How you feel when you see all the pictures from her friend's Facebook page of them out having a good time and she calls one of them her "bff" or when you see different pictures of girls on the page of the guy your best friend likes. It never ends well for either parties when this happens.

9. Preparing to go back to campus.

Packing up all your clothes and getting them into the car the night before is always the worst. You don't know what you're going to do without her being with you again 24/7 and the next time that y'all have plans to see each other is just too far away.

10. Heading back to campus.

Don't get me wrong, it's exciting to go back to see your friends and to go out ... to class. However, it can be hard sometimes because not only are you leaving your family to go back to school, but you're leaving your best friend. There's going to be a few tears, but that's okay. Make Skype dates, text each other frequently, and just make sure you put in as much effort to stay involved her in her life. It'll be okay and soon you'll be reunited again.