10 Things We All Need To Do For Ourselves This Summer

Treat yourself, sis.

6

If you are like me, during the school year it is hard to keep up with everything. During the school year every day I would go to class, work, and the gym and not have time for much else but this summer lets focus on ourselves a bit.

1. Take a lake or river day with your friends or family.

We live in Missouri so we aren't fortunate enough to be close to the beach but lakes and river days are so much fun. It is so calming to take a kayak or boat onto the lake and just be in the sun.

2. Bonfire with your friends.

What is more fun than sitting around a fire telling stories with your friends? For me being around a bonfire on a chilly night is good for my soul.

3. Read.

I know reading seems so cheesy but it doesn't have to be a book it could be an inspiring quote or a verse from the Bible. Just take some time to yourself and read something.

4. Go to an animal shelter

Who doesn't love animals? Go to an animal shelter and love some animals who need extra attention.

5. Hike.

My family lives in the middle of nowhere and there are places close pretty close to me to hike. Find a place close to you, and get outside and enjoy the fresh air.

6. Reorganize your room/apartment.

I have an apartment and I know that I struggle to find time to organize it during the school year but the summer is the perfect time to. You can open your window in your room or apartment and just spend some time making your space perfect for you.

7. Take a pool day.

Go to your nearest pool and lay out all day or swim. The pools are only open for a few months so make sure to enjoy them while you can!

8. Drink lots of water.

During the summer it is easier to keep up with your water intake. There are so many benefits to drinking your lots of water, water makes your skin look so healthy and who doesn't want to be glowing during the summer?

9. Go on an Ice cream or snow cone date with your friends.

I know I know, you can get ice cream any time but ice cream tastes so much better in the summer with friends.

10. Take lots of pictures. 

Summer is the season that gives us the most perfect lighting for pictures. Take pictures and make memories with your friends and family, you will never regret that.

This summer might seem a little boring because we are still in quarantine (sort of) but normally we have pretty nice weather in the summer so even if we have to be social distancing we can still get outside and have fun. Make a lot of memories while you aren't having to stress about school. Make sure to enjoy yourselves because summer is only here for a few months!