10 Things I Want To Thank My Boyfriend For

Because sometimes I forget to say thank you.

8
bayleespoon on Instagram

When you are in the beginning stages of a relationship, you're much more careful about the things you say and being perfectly polite at all times. When you've been together for a while, you get comfortable with each other and those manners tend to slip to the back of your mind. Sometimes you need to take a minute to thank the one you love for the little (but hugely important) things in life.

10. Thank you for never judging me for how much I eat (even though it's usually more than you do).

With most couples, the man usually eats more than woman does. With us, it's 50/50, and many times, I come out on top. Also, thank you for listening to me complain about being hungry ten minutes after I gorged myself on your mom's spaghetti.

9. Thank you for letting me pick the music in the car (most of the time).

You may complain about my "chick rap," but I think you secretly like it. You usually leave the roadtrip soundtrack up to me, and I'm eternally grateful.

8. Thank you for holding my hand in the car.

I love when you're driving and your hand absentmindedly grabs mine. Those simple gestures are what I live for.

7. Thank you for never making me carry anything heavy (except my turnouts occasionally).

It's not that you don't think I can do it, it's that you don't want me to have to. And deep down, sometimes we all want to be treated like a princess.

6. Thank you for holding me when I cry and kissing my forehead.

Thank you for holding me while I had an anxiety attack. Thank you for not telling me to calm down and for not acting like I'm crazy. You just held me, kissed my forehead, and rubbed my back. You're the only person that can calm me down.

5. Thank you for listening to me rant about anything and everything.

Sometimes I jump up on my soapbox, and it's hard for me to get back down. Thank you for listening to me and pulling me down when I need to shut up.

4. Thank you for always encouraging me to pursue my dreams.

You've never acted like any of my dreams were unattainable or inferior to yours. Thank you for always pushing me to better myself and helping me to grow into a better woman.

3. Thank you for doing whatever it takes to cheer me up.

Whether it's buying me ice cream or singing off key to a pop song you barely know, you will stop at nothing to bring a smile to my face. Thank you for caring enough to do that.

2. Thank you for being my secret keeper.

Thank you for listening to all my deepest and darkest secrets and not judging me for them. You're one of the most trustworthy people I've ever met.

1. Thank you for being my best friend.

Thank you for doing stupid things with me, taking silly pictures, talking on the phone into the wee hours of the morning, and sending me funny Snapchats. Thank you for being my rock and always having my back. You're my absolute best friend, and I'm so thankful for you.