We all have one at one point or another. Roommates. As a Freshman in college, I live in a tiny dorm with one other roommate, who happens to be one of my best friends. When we first decided to live together, we really didn't know anything about each other. After one semester of living together, I can say that I can't imagine a time in my life without her. So thank you for all the things we have gone through together this semester!
1. For dealing with my messes.
I know we can both get fairly messy at times, but thank you for not getting mad when my side of the room is littered with clothing because I couldn't figure out what to wear the previous night out.
2. For always going to eat dinner with me.
While this one may seem odd, I really appreciate our lunch and dinners in the dining halls, even though we always end up sick after eating there.
3. For understanding when I'm closed off and not speaking.
I know that at times I can get into my funk where I don't speak and want to be alone, but thank you for always knowing how to give me my space (even though we live in a cabinet sized room).
4. For listening to me ramble on about the same topic 1,000 times.
When I can't get off a topic and I continue to go on about the same thing, you always listen and still make it seem important.
5. For always having the most fun pre-pregames ever.
Because sometimes getting ready is more fun than the party.
6. For being my favorite dance partner.
We both know that your dancing is a true gem.
7. For having the same sense of humor as me.
Because dark humor is the best humor, right? There is truly nothing like making fun of each other endlessly.
8. For making me feel better when I'm down about myself.
When I'm whining about how I look, you always cheer me up.
9. For cheering me up when I've made a mistake.
You make me remember that making a mistake is okay and to learn from it and move on.
10. For being my best friend.
Because I can't imagine a life where you may not have ended up dealing with my bullshit everyday.