10 Things Only True Music Lovers Understand

True life: I'm addicted to music.

953
Friends

1. There's a 99 percent chance you'll be wearing headphones.

You just can't leave the house without them. It's not that you don't want to deal with the world (well, maybe it is); you just prefer your music over people.

2. Your music playlists are basically your babies.

You put a crazy amount of time into creating your perfect playlists. You hand pick each and every song and break them down into specific categories: moods, events, songs that hit you right in the feels. You pour blood, sweat and tears into those bad boys and feel completely vulnerable showing people your playlists. Please like it, please, please, please.

3. Picking a favorite album or artist is an impossible task.

How could someone ask you to pick ONE album or artist... that's like asking a mother to pick her favorite child. You just can't do it. Ask me for a top 10 and maybe we can talk. Maybe.

4. That moment when you find a new favorite song and binge listen to it.

Finding a new song and knowing within the first 10 seconds that you will be listening to this song relentlessly for the next week or two. No shame.

5. Discovering an acoustic/live version of a favorite song.

This is the most amazing feeling ever. You get to experience your favorite song in a whole new way. There are no words to explain this feeling. Just know it's amazing.

6. Showing someone a new song and they don't appreciate it.

If I go out of my way to introduce you to new music (so I don't have to listen to your radio hits garbage) and you talk over the song instead of listening, you're basically saying that you don't value our friendship and you hate me. It's OK. I hate you, too.

7. Sharing the same music taste as someone.

This is a groundbreaking moment for you. This person has just gained 1,000 cool points. Your conversation quickly shifts to "Oh my god, do you listen to So-and-So?" for the next hour.

8. Concerts make you so happy.

You are happiest when you get to go to a live show of one of your favorite artists. If you had unlimited money, you would definitely blow it all on concerts. Unfortunately, responsibilities exist.

9. "I don't really listen to music."

This is the most disturbing thing someone can ever say to you. What do you mean you don't listen to music? It's safe to assume that this person lives under a rock, and you need to get away from them. Now.

10. Trying your best not to sound like a music snob.

Sometimes you get carried away and just want to talk about music for hours but quickly realize that not everyone loves music as much as you do. It's hard to refrain from saying things like, "Yeah, I've been listening to them for years. Have you heard their old stuff?" You'll almost always sound like a pretentious asshole.