10 Things to Thank Your Older Sister For

From a little sister to her older best friend

183
Gina Lombardo

As a younger sister I know that I have always been so grateful to my big sister, but I have never really thanked her for all of the things she has done for me. So ladies it is time to give a round of applause or maybe some "snaps" as Elle Woods would say to our big sisters.

1. Thank you for always supplying me with something to wear.

I can not count the amount of times I have had emotional breakdowns over not having enough clothes and my sister came swooping in letting me borrow something fabulous that she has in her closet.

2. Thank you for letting me in on all your super secret older sister drama.

You do not understand how good it feels as a little sister for her big sister to tell her all the gossip in her life and to confide things in her. This may not seem like a big deal but I can bet all the little sisters out there can agree with me that it makes you feel so special when your older sister trusts you with her secrets.

3. Thank you for coming to all my Proms/Homecomings/Dances and dealing with my Promzilla self

Okay, I can admit it I can be difficult sometimes and I am very difficult when it comes to school dances because everything had to be about me. Whether I complained about my hair making me look like Martha Washington, or my dress turning me into a Beluga whale or it being so hot the Great Lakes were forming under my arm pits you were always there to calm me down. I don't know what it is about a big sister but she always knows what to say and do to make you feel better. It also helps that she took all of your prom pics and made sure you slayed the game every time.

4. Thank you for telling me to Shut the fuck up when needed

Sometimes you just need someone to call you out on your shit and your big sister is the best person to do it. She's the best person for the job because you literally can't stay mad at her for me than 10 minutes.

5. Thank you for enduring family gatherings with me and keeping my mouth shut when a certain Aunt says something stupid

I really appreciate this one because there is no other person that would sit through the chaos that is our family. I also appreciate you kicking me under the table or giving me those demon eyes so I wouldn't make a smart remark at Christmas dinner.

6. Thank you for quoting every moving with me.

Who else would know that when Elle Woods graduates Harvard she tells Warner that if she's "gonna be a partner in a law firm by the time I'm 30, I need a boyfriend who's not such a complete bonehead." You're also the only person that knows all of Hermione Granger's dialogue and can perform it perfectly accent and all.

7. Thank you for always having my back

You're the only person I know that would do anything and everything to protect me. I'm your little sister so when someone messes with me they better watch out for you!

8. Thank you for teaching me how to argue and make the other person look like a crazy bitch

You are the QUEEN of starting a fight with me then making it look like I'm a psycho bitch. You know exactly what to say and do so to Mom it looks like I'm the one overreacting.

9. Thank you for loving to eat just as much as I do NOM NOMNOM!!

Honestly who is better to eat all your favorite foods with other than the person who shares the same taste buds as you!!! You always give me the slice of pizza with the bubble on it and you always let me use your soy sauce when we are eating sushi. And most importantly you always let me have the last French fry.

10. Thank you for being my best friend.

There are not many people in life that will be with you from the beginning to the end. Luckily, when you have a big sister she is there to watch you and protect you as you grow up. She is there to be your Maid of Honor. She is there to spoil your kids rotten. She is there to be with you through every bump in the road and she is there to grow old with you. If you have a big sister God has blessed you with the most precious of gifts. Please cherish your older sister as she is the closest thing you have in life to perfection. If you haven't told your sister today please tell her you love her. Life is very short and you will never come across a person that loves you like your sister does.