10 Things To Thank My Boyfriend's Mother For
popular

It's more than just a simple "thank you".

11555
The Balance

Your son and I have been dating for about 7 months now and I just wanted to take this time to tell you just how thankful I am for you.....for everything! Wow....I don't even know where to begin.......well, I guess I'll start from the first time your son brought me into your home. We immediately clicked with each other and that was the moment that I knew that we were going to be "dangerous" together (in the best way of course!). After this moment in time, I have been able to produce a list of ten various things that you have done that I am incredibly thankful for. There are way more then ten, but this article would be seemingly endless if I wrote them ALL down!

1.) Thank you for showing me nothing but kindness since the very beginning

I have not one negative thought about you and I am so thankful for that!! You are always there to encourage me to do my best and for that, I am so thankful.

2.) Thank you for welcoming me with arms wide open

I can not even begin to tell you just how many horror stories I have heard about mothers resenting their sons' girlfriends......I am so incredibly blessed that there is none of that between us! ( I mean....except maybe over the fact that I don't like oreos....lol) I am so thankful that we get along so well and that there are no hard feelings.

3.) Thank you for being my "Mama #2"!!!

Yes, there are definitely some added perks of getting along with your boyfriend's mom.....including being able to talk to them about anything! I am so thankful that I can openly come to you for just about anything...especially if it is about "boy troubles" XD Just like my own mother, you always have the right words to say to me at just the right times. God really did bless me in that aspect of my life...so thank you for that!

4.) Thank you for letting me intrude on your family dinners!

Yes, thank you for feeding me!! There has been so many times where your son forgot to tell you that I was coming over. Although I know that you just give me half of your son's food anyway, I really appreciate that you are always willing to save a place for me at your table!

5.) Thank you for sticking up for me when your son teases me

Although I know that he is just kidding, it is very encouraging to know that I have someone by my side. You even give me permission to hit him sometimes....and I can't even begin to tell you just how great that is!

6.) Thank you for including me in just about everything

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F02%2F13%2F6362262305912913931243218495_giphy.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=876&h=ee41546a78a221e3a08e0dcde69658309446da0c249a32d18690f82c5f9dad56&size=980x&c=2825384331 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2017%252F02%252F13%252F6362262305912913931243218495_giphy.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D876%26h%3Dee41546a78a221e3a08e0dcde69658309446da0c249a32d18690f82c5f9dad56%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2825384331%22%7D" expand=1]

I know that I am not biologically related to you or your family, but you try to do everything in your power to make me feel like I am. Thank you for letting me share family memories with you guys!

7.) Thank you for accepting me for who I am

Other than my extended family, you, of all people, know that I'm a crazy, Disney-loving princess.....AND YOU'RE COMPLETELY OK WITH THAT! I don't know why.....or even how....but you take me for who I really am and expect nothing less. So thank you for letting me be myself around you and loving me anyway!

8.) Thank you for all of the little things you do for me

You didn't have to get me a birthday or a Christmas present, but you did because you wanted to....not because your son forced you to. Thank you for your generosity and your giving heart.

9.) Thank you for putting your trust in me

I know that trusting a random girl with your son is probably one of the hardest things that a mom could do. It's not always easy to trust someone, especially after a number of heartbreaks. I know that you want what's best for your son and want him to be happy so thank you for trusting me with him. It means a lot to me.

10.) Thank you for teaching me how to one day in the future treat a potential girlfriend that I may interact with as a mother

Even though I am in no way, shape, or form a mother, I plan to be one day in the distant (very distant) future. If I have a son of my own someday, it is because of you and how you treated me that I can be a humble and loving mother to the new face that could one day walk through my door. You have truly taught me how to treat others in the future and I thank you for that!

There are so many other things that I am thankful for, but I thought that I'd just stick to some of the more important things. I love you so much and I am so excited to see all of the new memories that all of us make together!

Thank You!!!!