10 Things To Remember About Going Back To College

Sometimes summer makes us forget how awesome college really is. It also makes us forget what it is like to be an adult.

14
Erin Francey

Going back to college is always exciting and it feels like a new experience every time. Probably because you forgot everything over the summer. Here's a list of ten things you need to remember about going back to university.

1. A Planner is a Must Have

First of all, a planner will help you stay organized and keep your responsibilities in check. Also, it's just a super fun way to keep yourself together during the year, because trust me, you won't remember everything you have to do.

2. You Can Tell a Lot About a Professor by Their Moodle Key

Sometimes, the most strict and serious professor will spell 'sciencerulez' with a z. It's always the quiet ones.

3. Pack Snacks

Trust me, you will get hungry in that eleven a.m. class that drags on forever because you have a lunch break next. It's never bad idea to have some snacks in your backpack. This is also a good idea for when your sugar drops and you're about to fall asleep in the front row of those afternoon courses.

4. You Do Actually Need to Read the Textbook

Pulling that book out from under your bed and trying to skim the entire thing the night before your final is a REALLY bad idea. Actually, you should be reading as you go along and trying not to miss anything. Hey, maybe even jot down a few useful notes as you go to stay super on track!

5. Watching the Movie is NOT the Same as Reading the Book

Honestly. It's not. Yeah, you can probably get a good idea of the plot, but your professor knows there is a movie, and they also know by now what is in the book that the movie left out. So really, you're just cheating yourself out of a better grade, and let's be honest, the books are always better anyway.

6. Your Mom Isn't There to Do Your Laundry

It was nice while it lasted, but now you have to make sure you have clean underwear for every day, and some days, that means doing four loads of laundry because you've been putting off all that washing for way too long.

7. You Can't Write That Final Paper in One Hour

I hate to break it to you, but you really need to start that paper before 10 pm on the night it's due. Your work will be sloppy and you won't have time to read over it, so the grade you get will most likely reflect that. That is, if you even get finished in time and don't fall asleep drooling on your keyboard.

8. Ramen is Not a Sustainable Diet

Sure, it fills you up and fits your college student budget, but it also might kill you if you eat enough of it. And it's not even as great as everyone says it is.

9. You Share a Bathroom with at Least Three Other People Now

You should probably remember that you don't have a bathroom to yourself anymore, and if you're going to be weird, other people will see it. Also, remember to clean off the counter and take your washcloth out of the shower. It's just common courtesy.

10. You Missed Your Second Home Like Crazy

You probably forgot how awesome it is to be around your friends and back at the place you call home for eight months out of the year. Everyone complains about where they go to school sometimes, but at the end of the day, you wouldn't trade it for the world.