10 Things To Do When There's Nothing To Do

Here are a few ways to liven up a boring day.

12371
Smithsonian

You know those days when you're bored out of your stressed little mind, and you just have to go do something, but all of your friends are busy? Yeah me too. And they are actually the worst. Or are they? Next time you have a day with nothing to do, try out one or more of these 10 sure fire ways to liven up a boring day!

1. Clean everything.

I know, I know, "who actually likes to clean?" But sometimes it’s actually really therapeutic. Blast your favorite tunes and make a game out of it! I mean, when else are you going to do it?

2. Have a spa day.

While women are usually the main consumers of face masks and nail polish, guys have their ways of pampering themselves too. It just doesn’t always involve facials and manicures or it can. Totally up to you.

3. Go on a date. Alone.

While this may sound sad and lonely, it's one of the finer things in life. You know that nice restaurant you’ve been wanting to try or that new movie you’ve been dying to see? Well go check them out by yourself because who doesn’t love a little 'me time' every once in a while?

4. Actually get things done.

We all procrastinate –– it’s a part of being human –– but how about you actually pay that bill, run that errand and finish that assignment now? And tomorrow when all your friends want to hang out, guess what? You can!

5. Experiment with a new look.

Ladies, try out that new eyeshadow color, guys, give that new gel a test run, and just incase it doesn’t work out or it’s just not you, no one will ever know!

6. Finally finish that show.

Even though binging Netflix is a serious problem among millennials, we all have that one show we just haven’t gotten around to finishing. Well, here’s your chance. Take it by the remote, and enjoy.

7. Sleep!

This one goes out to my fellow college people. Lack of sleep is a normal thing for us. We have learned to survive on it, but it’s not exaclty healthy. So make up for that all-nighter you pulled studying for a midterm (we all know you were actually on Netflix), and take this free day to just rest. You will feel like a new person. Until the cycle starts all over again!

8. Get out of the house, dang it!

Regardless of where you go, just get off that lazy little butt and go. Go to the park down the street, the coffee shop around the corner or heck, just take a trip to Target! A Target trip is never a mistake. Nothing goes wrong at Target.

9. Become one with nature.

Before you tell me to climb down off my High-Hippie-Horse, let me explain. I’m not saying you should go hug a tree or try to “be one with the squirrel.” I just mean you should be outside. Vitamin D is a wonderful thing. Take a good book with you and just enjoy life.

10. Just be lazy.

No matter what anyone else says, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, wrong with having a day where all you do is go from bed to fridge to couch and back again. As long as it’s not everyday, you have the right to be lazy. But only when you’ve done all your important stuff. Then you don’t have to worry while being lazy, making the lazines all the better!