10 Things To Do In Quarantine

As everything is closed and/or postponed, everyone needs to self-quarantine. Although you have to be stuck inside, it doesn't mean you have to be completely bored. While I know you might be going a little stir crazy, it's time to start moving around again. Here's a list of 10 things to kick that quarantine boredom.

Try Yoga

silhouette photography of woman doing yoga Photo by kike vega on Unsplash

Being confined to your homes with little to no in-person connections, aside from those in your home, can be difficult. Starting your day off with yoga can be beneficial in many ways. It acts as a natural destresser, increases strength, and relieves anxiety.

Learn To Bake Bread

woman in white lace dress with white powder on her body Photo by Jovan Vasiljević on Unsplash

It can seem difficult when words like "proofing yeast" pop up in a recipe, but it's not as hard as you might think. Now, you have the time to learn what those words mean. Take this opportunity to learn a new skill, or perfect one you already have.

Go For A Run

two men running at park Photo by Tomasz Woźniak on Unsplash

Go get some fresh air while still following social-distancing guidelines. Take advantage of being stuck at home, the fresh air, and the sun. Getting a mix of exercise and sunshine can do wonders for your mental and physical health.

Have A Virtual Game Night

turned-on black Android tablet computer Photo by Maik Jonietz on Unsplash

Don't let coronavirus stop you from having fun with your friends. Choose from the immense amount of websites that have free multiplayer games. If you can think of a game, it can most likely be found on the internet.

Learn TikTok Dances

black smartphone displaying Tik Tok logo Photo by Kon Karampelas on Unsplash

With TikTok taking over the internet, why not hop on the trend. Start with the easier videos and work your way up to becoming a pro. It's unlikely you'll ever find something like this anywhere else, so why not join in?

Start A Garden

green metal garden shovel filled with brown soil Photo by Neslihan Gunaydin on Unsplash

You don't need much space to bring some green into your life. You can even grow them inside on a windowsill. Many plants just need sunlight, water, and some attention. Others, like succulents, just need to water but they brighten up any room.

Hit The Beach

seashore under clear blue sky during daytime Photo by Mink Mingle on Unsplash

Get some sun while still abiding by the social distance guidelines. Put on sunscreen, maybe even some tanning lotion, and soak up the sun. Who says we can't still enjoy ourselves while being locked up?

Start Spring Cleaning

brown push broom on dust pan Photo by Daniel von Appen on Unsplash

We all have winter clothes taking up space in our closet. Take this time to clear them out and make room for the large amounts of clothing we all just bought. Don't just stop at the closet, clean anything else you think could use a little tidying up.

DIY Projects

assorted-color handheld tools Photo by Eugen Str on Unsplash

We all have projects pinned on Pinterest that we never thought we'd have time to do. Well, now we do! Start any type of project, whether it can be useful or not. It's something to do, and you never know what it could lead to.

Tie-Dye

yellow purple and blue textile Photo by Sharon McCutcheon on Unsplash

Don't know what to do with those old boring shirts? Get some dye and rubber bands and just have fun with it. Once they've dried, take some cute pictures and post them on social media. The point is, just have fun and be creative.