10 Things To Do Besides Study For Finals

Never Fear: The Perfect Procrastination List Is Here
4

Across the nation, students are freaking out about their college finals. Never fear. If you’ve had enough of school and don't know what to do with yourself, here’s a list of things you can do besides study. As Rusty Griswold would say: “Oh, woo. Look at the time. I gotta get to bed. I still gotta brush my teeth, feed the hog, still got those bills to pay, wash the car…”

1. Clean Your Room

Make your bed, dust, clean your windows, vacuum. Basically, do all the things you haven't done in a month or two. This will probably take up a good hour and a half of your set study time. Just keep telling yourself you can get more stuff done if your room is clean.

2. While You're At It Clean Your Whole Apartment/Dorm

You might have just finished cleaning your room but why not keep up the good work and clean every surface of your home while you're at it? A clean home is a happy home and during the stressful time of finals, you need all the good vibes you can get.

3. Create A Pinterest Board

While we’re on the subject of homes, why not plan your dream home? Make a Pinterest board that totally captures your house ~goals~. Nothing is more exciting than picking out a wall color for your dream dining room.

4. Have A Snick Snack

In the great words of everyone's favorite 2012 YouTube personality Jenna Marbles: “Eat your feelings."

5. Plan A Vacation

This could go with Pinterest board-creating! Plan your dream vacation. Include where you’ll be staying, what you’ll be doing and what kind of outfits you’ll bring. This will no doubt take a hot minute and is a surefire way to waste a good couple of hours of studying time.

6. Go Through Every Picture You've Ever Taken

I know it might have just started as trying to find a new desktop wallpaper but before you know it you're in the archives. Soon you’ll be back in the year 2009.

7. Call A Friend You Haven't Talked To In Ages

This will guarantee you a good three hours catching up on drama and people you used to talk to in high school.

8. Read A Book

Pick up one of those young adult romance novels that have been sitting in your room since last year. Let yourself believe that finding a summer romance in Italy is a thing that could actually happen to you.

9. Start A New Show On Netflix

If you're like me you're one of the last people on earth who hasn't seen 13 Reasons Why. It’s only 13 episodes and I know that the emotional turmoil going on in the show will be draining...which leads me to the next activity that can waste some time.

10. Take A Nap

After doing all of these things to avoid doing homework, you're probably going to be tired. Curl up in bed, snuggle up and take a good nap. You’ll wake up refreshed and ready to avoid homework all over again.

Hopefully, these suggestions have been helpful for creating a study-free zone for you. No matter how you spend your finals week, just know that school is almost over. Summer is upon us and better times are ahead. So, take a breath and power through the last couple of weeks of school.