10 Things I Thank My Best Friend For

10 Things I Thank My Best Friend For

We are #BestfriendGoals

20
10 Things I Thank My Best Friend For
Facebook

To my best friend. . .

You have been by my side through the best times and the worst of times and we have been through a lot together. I cannot thank you enough for making me smile and making me cry. Here are the reasons why you're my best friend and why I wouldn't want it to be anyone BUT you.

1. Thank you for listening to me rant on about all the things that went wrong during my day.

You're always the one I call when my day is absolutely horrible. No matter how long and how much I talk about you never complain. You sit there and always listen, or act like you're listening at least.

2. Thank you for not liking the people I don't like.

Lets face it, there are a lot of people who I do not like. I know this can be difficult for you because you're a kind person and you don't like to be mean to anyone. When we go out and see these people I know you still go up and say hi to them, especially if you know them but that ok I know you don't do it out of spite.

3. Thank you for always asking me to do your makeup and hair.

I know you never want your eyeshadow too dark, there has to be sparkles. And for the millionth time, I get it you want the loose curls, not the tight, they have to look Victoria Secret Runway ready. This means I usually put all of my creative efforts into doing your face and hair which then makes me late. But its ok because people always compliment the both of us.

4. Thank you for always asking me to "snap" for you.

I know you're not the most outspoken person. Heck you don't have a mean bone in your body and that's not a bad thing. I really do not mind confronting someone for you, especially when they do you wrong. I have no problem being "the mean friend" or the "rude friend." In my eyes its not me being mean or rude, it's me standing up for someone who can't and there is nothing wrong with that.

5. Thank you for always giving me a place to stay.

After many late nights of drinking, partying or just hanging out I know that your house is always open to me. Remember that one time you got kicked out of your house for getting your nose pierced? Well my house is where you lived for about a week and I loved every moment of it. My house or your house, either one feels like home to me.

6. Thank you for always taking my side; even if I was wrong.

Now we all know I have very strong opinions on things and sometimes I'm usually out in left field with them. You will tell me when I am being ridiculous and complete outrageous. You try your best to calm me down and bring me back down to earth but it doesn't always work. I know you do not agree with all of my decisions and opinions but you're still my "left hand, you my go to."

7.Thank you for telling me that guy isn't right for me.

My choice in guys and boyfriends suck most of the time and you are always there telling me that they aren't right for me. I never listen but hey, neither do you! When I go against your wishes and think "well maybe this one will be different" you stick by my side, heck you're even nice to the kid and act like his best friend which is absolutely phenomenal. Whenever I end up getting hurt or realizing that you and the rest of my family are right you never say "I told you so" and that is the best thing that you could do.

8. Thank you for your welcoming family.

Family is a big part of both of our lives. Your family is one of a kind and I LOVE IT! They fit right in with my family. When we all get together it's a well oiled machine. Sunday dinners at Nonna's and Non-Non's are the best and it's not just because of their authentic Italian cooking either. It's because your family welcomes me in just like one of their own. Every birthday, graduation, anniversary, and New Years party I'm there and so is the rest of my family. Your parents are my parents. Your aunts and uncles are my aunts and uncles. Your grandparents are my grandparents. Your brother and sister and my brother and sister.

9. Thank you for being the other child my parents never had, but like more than their own somedays.

My parents had my brother and I. Now they don't always like the both of us and thats ok. I don't really like them all the time either but you're the one they go to when they want a child to like. At my mom's work functions she introduces you as her own daughter. When ever you come over the house my parents always offer you a drink and food, I ask for anything and they pretty much tell me I am on my own.

10. Thank you for being my person.

You are the Meredith to my Christina. You are the Yin to my Yang. You're probably the reason why none of my relationships have worked out, because you're my soulmate. You're always my plus one and the person I can rely on the most. There is no way in hell I would be where I am today without you by my side. I cannot make it through the day without having at least 3 phone calls a day with you.

Thank you for being you.