Popular Right Now
It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning.
You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Over time, tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret.
So here are 20 tattoos you can't go wrong with. Each tattoo has its own unique meaning, but don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!
SEE RELATED: "Please Stop Asking What My Tattoos Mean"
1. A semi-colon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.
2. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
3. Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.
4. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."
5. Viking symbol meaning "create your own reality."
6.Greek symbol of Inguz: where there's a will, there's a way.
7. Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."
8. 'Ohm' tattoo that represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya)
9. Alchemy: symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty and artistic creativity.
10. The Greek word “Meraki" means to do something with soul, passion, love and creativity or to put yourself in to whatever you do.
11. Malin (Skövde, Sweden) – you have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.
12. Symbol meaning "thief" from the Hobbit. It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.
13. “Lux in tenebris" means “light in darkness."
14. Anchor Tattoo: symbolizing strength & stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.
15."Ad Maiora" is translated literally as “Towards greater things." It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.
16. A glyphs means “explore." It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.
17. "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam," meaning roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."
18. Lotus Flower. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower's first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.
19. The zen (or ensō) circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe & the strength we all have inside of us.
20. Two meanings. The moon affirms life. It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can reminds us of the inconsistency of life. It is also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.
Tempe residents searching for the perfect late night delivery are now taking advantage of the online delivery and social media business Dirty Dough.
Dirty Dough began selling and advertising its late-night cookies on Nov 1, 2018, online and on Instagram. The business is now delivering six times a week and is selling out every night.
The owner, Tyler Peery, was inspired to open Dirty Dough in an area that needed late night delivery. The business, however, is looking to expand.
"Tempe needed a late-night treat delivery, we created Dirty Dough to fill that gap," Peery said.
Dirty Dough now has a following close to 1,500 on Instagram and uses social media to its advantage. Dirty Dough reposts each of their customer's pictures and uses Instagram to announce its giveaways.
"Social media marketing is key. Cookies are fun. People want to appear as though they are always having fun, so they post for us. Our cookies have been all over social media for the past several weeks and that has snowballed into new orders," Peery said.
Dirty Dough sells one type of cookie, chocolate chip, but it is looking to expand. Customers can buy a box of four large and doughy cookies for $12.
"We very much dislike crunchy, over-baked cookies. So we make ours to perfection, a little doughy. We are keeping our expansion plans pretty close the chest, but we are thinking about additional cookies, milk, dough, and more," Peery said.
Haleigh Bartow, an avid Dirty Dough customer and Arizona State University student, is a fan of the new business because it is reasonably priced and delivers right at her door.
"I ordered Dirty Dough because I saw it all over Instagram. I think that it is a great idea for college students because its super easy to get delivered and they are super good! It is also very reasonably priced for how much food you are getting. I eat the batch of cookies I order for a couple of days after," Bartow said.
Dirty Dough delivers anywhere in Tempe but it does not have an in-store location.
Dirty Dough delivers straight to your door from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 6 p.m. to midnight, Friday and Saturday.
"We deliver literally anywhere in Tempe. On campus, off campus, in dorms, houses, in a field, or in a ditch. Anywhere!" Peery said.
ASU students are one of Dirty Dough's most common customers as the cookies come straight to their dorms and apartments for late night snacks.
"Students need a yummy treat when they are studying late for an exam. We will gladly deliver on campus to these students," Peery said.
Zach Toney is an employee at Dirty Dough and he finds his job exciting because of the message the business proclaims.
"Everyone that receives our cookies is excited about them and wants to share them with their friends. It makes delivering the cookies a fun time," Toney said.
Dirty Dough is less than a month old but has already made a huge impact on the Tempe community. The demand for the cookies is higher each week and the use of social media has been beneficial to the companies success.
Dirty Dough hopes to have more cookies and potentially other products on the market for its customers. For now, anyone in Tempe can order from its website.
"Our business is unique because our cookies are unique. We wholeheartedly believe that our cookies are the bomb! I think and hope our customers agree," Peery said.