Experiences Working As Waiter

10 Things All New Servers Will Experience

Dropping. Everything.

5

As a server, you experience so many things in only a few hour shift. You pick up on things that experienced servers don't because they're so used to it. Most of the time, you're overwhelmed and stressed to the max. Here are a few things all new servers experience during their shifts.

1. Thinking "I've totally got this"

Why am I going through all of this training? All I have to do is write this order down and put it in the system...

2. Thinking "I DON'T HAVE THIS"

What is going on???? When did all of these people get here? Why is this order so complicated?

3. Dropping. Everything.

The smell of French Dressing will stick with me forever. That took forever to clean up.

4. Being yelled at for something that isn't your fault.

I'm sorry the kitchen is slow! I really am! I can't make the food myself!

5. Doing math in your head

Especially if your cash register doesn't have a change button. Thankful for the ones who just say "keep the change".

6. Thinking "am I hard of hearing or are these people just quiet?"

I can't count how many times I ask people to repeat what they said. Speak up!

7. Thinking you're messing everything up

TBH you probably are...

8. Asking so many questions. So many.

How do you enter in a deluxe pizza minus onions plus mushrooms minus tomatoes??

9. Trying to be as nice as possible

It's difficult when someone is yelling at you for their order being late. Or their chocolate milk not coming with their meal.

10. Thinking "will this get any easier?"

Hopefully. It has to, right?