10 things I love about Wattpad

10 things I love about Wattpad

Why you Should Join the Wattpad Community Right Now

884
10 things I love about Wattpad
Duolingo

Wattpad is an online storytelling community where users post written works such as articles, stories, fan fiction, and poems, either through the website or the mobile app. Although, I've only been on Wattpad a year so many great things have come from it.

1. Amazing stories

According to Wattpad, the site has 40 million stories with 25 million readers/writers and the number is growing every day! 6 billion minutes are spent on Wattpad every month and 85% of its usage is on mobile. Also, being able to read and write on the go is super convenient

2. Stories Free of Hassle

I no longer have to walk all the way to the library in order to check out a book or buy a book from the Kindle app I get right on my Wattpad app and read books for free. You can also read classics like Wuthering Heights, along with the latest novel your favorite author just wrote, you can find it all on Wattpad. You can even follow classic (dead) authors like Edgar Allan Poe and get notifications of works uploaded. As for current authors, not yet published or already published, you get that for free, also. Many of them post their rough drafts on Wattpad while the fully edited books are available on sites like Amazon.

3. The Interaction

No other platform online allows you to really connect with readers and fellow writers like Wattpad does. My only caveat is you will receive unprofessional feedback but there are solid editors and critiques on Wattpad. I've also met amazing writers on Wattpad who cheer me on and strengthen my writing. We cheer each other on and actually promote each others’ work. At the end of the day, we're all writers as well as readers so we're pretty much in the same boat. It’s also a social site as well.

4. Amazing Friendships

Through Wattpad I've found an amazing group of friends they're all from different walks of life and from all over the country. We're now like sisters because we all happened to be reading the same Wattpad story.

5. Practice

Wattpad has allowed me to strengthen my writing by practicing (updating chapters frequently) and by reading the work of other amazing writers, therefore being able to see what works and what doesn’t.

6. Contests

There are so many contests available on Wattpad for aspiring writers to hone their writing skills with.

7. Confidence

Being able to share your work with complete strangers and have them really like your work is really good for your confidence. Also, having people constantly critique your work builds character. In the end, you're either going to quit writing or continue to strengthen your writing despite the critics. The downside to sharing your work is PIRACY! Many people leave Wattpad because the stress of having people steal their work becomes exhausting. Wattpad tries really hard to protect your work as an author however, It is a risk that one takes to post on sites like Wattpad and other places online

8. New Artist

Wattpad is %75 fanfiction I've found out about many artists and celebrities I’d never known about

9. Publishing

If you’re a writer who wants to get your work published and seen by larger audiences Wattpad is a great place to start. Although some publishers frown upon work submitted on Wattpad, there have also been success stories of writers being discovered on Wattpad and offered publishing deals for their work.

10. It's actually really cool

Don’t be discouraged by the young readers or the multitude of August Alsina fan fiction (there's a lot of them). No matter what your age or demographic is, you can find your place on Wattpad. So while the works may not be all top-notch and perfect, we’ve all been there, and who knows? Your comment on someone’s story just might get that person to keep on writing, just as someone else’s comment on your stories will do the same for you.

If you're a huge book person I would recommend getting the Wattpad app and even trying to create your own stories you never know where it'll take you and who you'll meet because of it.