10 Things I've Realized At The End Of Sophomore Year

We're not freshman, and were not seniors but were having some new experiences too

18

The end of sophomore year isn't exactly as anti-climactic for me as for other friends in different years. Honestly, ending sophomore year has put me in a weird sort of purgatory of college life. I've completed two years and feel like I'm really chugging along into life at the university however, I'm already anticipating some of the upcoming fears and trials of my last two years but I'm not quite yet out of the youngin' stage either. Here are some of my musings about what it's like being the middle-man at the end of sophomore year.

1. You're running out of time to boost your GPA

Yeah... let that sink in... only four semesters left.

2. You might need to start looking for a job/internship (?)

Paid or not starting to get your life together is the real deal, especially if your major requires internship credits to graduate. Plus , connections duh.

3. The freshman fifteen is DEFINITELY not a real thing anymore

It is 100% not justified getting late night junk food and claiming it as part of your freshman fifteen anymore (RIP Spudnuts).

4. Your senior friends are graduating, and it sucks

This is a hard one for me. I've got a lot of guys and girls that I see almost daily and have become a huge part of my life. I'll miss them a lot.

5. 21 can't come soon enough

It's not just about drinking. People deal with you differently once you turn 21 and 20 is a strange age for sure.

6. You start to prefer movie nights to frat parties

I'll be honest there were a few times this semester I muttered the phrase "I'm too old for this" and took a night in my bed with Netflix over a party.

7. Sometimes you desperately want to eat at dining halls because your too lazy to cook for yourself

Especially having to buy groceries and do dishes... that dining plan starts to seem like a long lost dream.

8. People from your high school are starting to get married and have kids and it's WEIRD

Actually, though, this is super trippy. People start to settle down now like real adults... don't worry if it's not in your cards yet... we'll all get there eventually.

9. You kind of have to take your major seriously now

Undecided or not, you start to settle down into some hardcore classes and begin to see that this is the CAREER PATH FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Just saying.

10. You now have a solid group of friends who mean the world to you

Seriously they will be there for you through every breakdown, ex-boyfriend and midnight pizza run you ever could need.

11.You're still young and fun and have plenty of mistakes left to make

Live people, you got two more years of undergrad so take advantage of it!