10 Things I Learned Just From My First Week Of Classes At UVA

I had my first week of classes at the University of Virginia, and I have already learned so much.

53

At the University of Virginia I quickly understood that this was not just going to be a "syllabi week."

1. Everybody has different schedules, so eating by myself at the dining hall is ultimately inevitable.

2. The weather in Charlottesville is very bipolar, so carry an umbrella at all times.

3. Always read the chapter that the professor is going to lecture on... BEFORE class.

4. I am really on my own now, and adulting is not fun.

5. The Honor Code at UVA is not a joke, and it should be taken seriously.

6. Not everyone wears leggings and t-shirts to class. Wear what you want.

7. You do not have to bring your textbooks to class... unless you really insist on breaking your back.

8. Your RA will quickly become your best-friend, and you can talk to them about anything.

9. Everybody has their own problems to stress about, so I promise you are not the only one stressing.

10. It is not scientifically proven that drinking 8oz of water is of any benefit to our bodies... so always question EVERYTHING and do your research.