10 Things I Don't Have Time For During Finals Week

No, I don't have time to brush my hair unless I have a very good reason.
85

It’s the worst time of the year, right before the most wonderful time of the year, it’s finals week. After weeks of somewhat understanding the material and doing alright on quizzes, we have to know everything that we were supposed to know months ago. And it’s all for one exam. We’ll get through it, all of us, we’ll get through finals week and we’ll get to break and we’ll be fine. I promise.

1. Sleep

College students sleeping? Now that’s crazy. College students sleeping during finals week? I want some of whatever it is your taking.

2. Eat

Sometimes you get so busy studying that you forget to eat. We’ve all been there. Well, maybe not all of us, but I’ve been there

3. Call home

I’m sorry that I can’t talk right now mom, but I just have to relearn three hundred years of European history by tomorrow morning. Once I get through WWII, I’ll call back.

4. Laundry

I really don’t have the time to walk all the way to the first floor just to find out that all of the washers are being used and then have to check every five minutes to see if I can get my clothes in only for someone to end up taking them out of the dryer and putting them on the floor even though my basket was ON TOP OF THE DRYER.

5. Drama

Look, I’ve got five exams that I’m taking over a three day period. I don’t have time for the middle school drama that you have deemed important or the underlying hate that you have had for me the entire semester. Get over it.

6. Shave my legs

Unless I have a specific reason, it’s just not happening.

7. Not look like a garbage person

I am tired, over-caffeinated, drained, and about to take a two-hour exam. Don’t expect me to look cute. I’m serious.

8. Pack

Do I need to drive 4.5 hours on Friday? Absolutely. Have I started packing? Of course not. Why would I do that?

9. Make my bed

Actually, I’m doing this, but apparently, I’m the only one. Make your bed please, everyone.

10. Write my Odyssey article

But hey, I’m going to write them anyway.