10 Things I've Done My Freshman Year

10 Things I've Done My Freshman Year

10 amazing things I've gotten to do during my freshman year of college.

12
10 Things I've Done My Freshman Year
TheProsepect

As we approach the last two weeks of the semester, I can't believe that I've scheduled and selected housing for my sophmore year of college. This first year of this new journey begins to close. I've met so many new people, tried many things, and did things I would never have done otherwise. What's more appropriate than a list of things that I've done this year?

1. Went to New York City

I payed $95 dollars and got on a bus at one in the morning and ended up in the Big Apple. Those three days were the most memorable days of my freshman year. Plus, it's where I first met my future roomie!

2. Went to IHOP at 11:00

We have this thing called Festival of Praise, and afterward, people go to IHOP for food. And at that hour, at first I didn't think I would want food, but I was hungry. I even made some new friends.

3. Got up at 6 a.m. to work a retreat

I got involved with running retreats for high school and middle schoolers through campus ministry. One weekend, we had one that actually was just past my home town, and it started at 8 in the morning, which meant we needed to leave at 7. So I got up 6. I still don't know if I regret it or not.

4. Bought a ukulele

Yeah, randomly the Friday before the end of Winter Break, I got a ukulele. Now don't argue with my logic that it retailed for $40, and I got it for $10. I think I made out pretty well.

5. Made Orientation Team

So our Orientation Team is who is responsible for helping move the freshman into their rooms and welcoming them to SVC. Also, every member of the team has 4-5 freshman as their "littles" to get to know and be there to answer questions and adjust to life at SVC. I can't wait for August and meet my littles!

6. Played lots of Frisbee

With my brother being club president, it was kind of hard to not play but I think I found my new sport for college. It's pretty great and it's always entertaining to attempt to defend my brother.

7. Did three shows

I loved theatre in high school, and knew it was going to be something I wasnted to pursue in college. I found myself in the Company, a student run group, with which I did a musical and a cabaret. Then, I also did the SVC Players musical in February. I'm so glad to have done these, no matter how stressful they were.

8. Made Dean's List

I was, and still am, proud of myself for making Dean's List my first semester. They alway say your first semester is the worst, and I still came out on top.

9. Went on Ignite

This three day retreat, was seriously amazing. It opened me up in my faith and helped my faith grow stronger. I became so close with so many people on that retreat, and I'm blessed to have them in my life. I can't wait for next year's retreat.

10. Fell in love with Saint Vincent

Coming in, I knew SVC was pretty great. Now that I have gotten to experience this myself, I'm in love with my home away from home. Sometimes, there is no place I would rather be than here with all it's beauty and all of my spectacular friends.

This is probably only the start, as there are probably things I did that have slipped my mind as I write this. I can't wait to see what my future here holds. GO Bearcats!