10 Things Better in the Fall and Winter.

I prefer winter.

7
Google Images

I was born in a blizzard and that has become the base of my claim of why I prefer winter to every other season. Sure, I love fall, I enjoy the first part of spring but honestly I hate summer. I get angry when the summer heat is blazing even though I know that I have no control over the weather circumstances. Living in Kentucky, we get winter extremes and we get summer extremes. You may think that I'm crazy for choosing negative below weather over 98 degrees with 100% humidity but we can agree to disagree. Yeah, of course there are nice aspects about the summer heat that come with the season. I love swimming as much as you do, people. But remember there are indoor pools. I can get my fix in the winter whenever I please but I can't stand outside on a summer day and enjoy a nice hot cup of hot chocolate without feeling like my skin is going to melt off in the summer. These activities are simply more enjoyable in the cooler and colder weather.

1. Walking to class/work.

Can we all go ahead and agree that there is nothing as terrible as making the journey to and from school/work in the heat. You have to plan on your outfit to make sure you don't look like a drowned rat by the time you get to where you are going. In the winter you get to throw on whatever you want and go out the door. You can always add more layers and be warm but there is only so much that you can take off.

2. Going to the gym.

Going to the gym can and is a task. But going to the gym when it is burning up outside is a whole other story. Yes, I know that maybe it is easier to make yourself go when it is pretty outside than on gray days but the sun shines in the winter too. Plus when you go outside it is cool and refreshing opposed to suffocatingly hot.

3. Hot drinks.

I love iced coffee as much as the next person but sometimes you just want it hot. But for me it is seriously impossible to drink any hot drink when it is above 60 outside.

4. Fashion.

We all know that fall and winter fashion is the best. We will just leave that at that.

5. Football.

Tailgating and attending a football game is always a blast but it is draining when you are sweating as much as the players, well at least you think you are when you really can't imagine how hot they are. All in all football is better when its cold/cool.

6. Holidays.

The 4th of July is a blast. I will not even begin to deny that fact. But Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years all come in the cool months.

7.Shoes.

Have you seen the fall/winter booties that are out? We all know we would rather wear a cute boot over a wedge.

8. Movies.

There is just something special about cuddling up with a big warm blanket and watching movies on a cold day. It is one of those blissful things that few things can compare.

9. Food.

Hearty soups and chilis that warm your soul are perfect on a cool day. Yeah these foods are always delicious but they are the best with snow on the ground.

10. Television.

Most of your favorite shows are finally restarting during these seasons so less time watching reruns on Hulu.