10 Things To Do This Summer

10 Things To Do This Summer

What to do when you're bored.

6
10 Things To Do This Summer
keyword-suggestions.com

Summer is great and all; no school, no huge responsibilities. If you’re anything like me, however, you’ll find yourself getting pretty bored. Here is a list of things to do when you don’t know what else to do this summer.

1. Go on a hike. Grab a friend and hike the closest trail to you. Not only will a hike get you moving and outside, but it will be great to catch up with a friend. Hikes are also supposed to be good for the brain, according to Life Hack, and this article.
  2. Read a book. There’s nothing like getting lost in a great book. Ask friends for recommendations if you don’t know where to start. Go to your closest library or Barnes & Noble and get lost in the shelves and shelves of books, looking for the perfect read.
  3. Try Yoga. You don’t have to spend money on going to a class. If it’s your first time, go on OnDemand and try it out! If you find yourself really enjoying it, look more into it! There are so many benefits that yoga brings. Read about them here.
  4. Be artistic. Paint, draw, play an instrument - whatever it is that you might be interested in - go for it! I personally have found a love for painting. Although I may not be the best artist, I still have fun using my imagination and creating artwork!
  5. Take a walk around your neighborhood or a park. Don’t bring your phone (unless you’re playing Pokemon Go, of course) and just enjoy the outdoors. Say hello to other people walking around and stop to smell the flowers and enjoy your surroundings.
  6. Make some kind of food. Look on Pinterest for recipes! Whether it's smoothies or cupcakes, it’s completely up to you! By learning how to cook and make new things, it’ll only help for your future self when you aren’t relying on someone to cook for you all the time. Plus, I’m sure whoever you live with would love to try some new food
  7. Go to a state park. Google the closest state park to you. You can fish, hike, kayak, canoe, swim, whatever it may be. It’ll give you a day (or more) of fun, and a chance to get outside and enjoy some sun and fresh air!
  8. Get in shape. Everyone always talks about getting their “summer beach body” but just try to become more fit than you were last month! Try eating clean, exercising more and doing more activities on your feet. You’ll be amazed how making the smallest changes can make a big difference.
  9. Organize. Definitely not the most fun summer activity, but it sometimes needs to be done. Whether it’s going through all your old clothes, cleaning your room, or organizing another room in your house, it’ll make you feel so much better when you’re done.
  10. Do things in your local community. Explore downtown in your area. Check out a museum you’ve never been to, that shop you’ve always wanted to go through, or try a new coffee place! Try new things that are around you and won’t require a huge trip.

Whatever it is you do this summer, try to refrain from sitting and watching Netflix all day. I am at fault for it some days too, but we should all take advantage of the beautiful weather while it lasts!