10 Things To Do This Summer Instead of Netflix

We all need a break from screens.

207
Wallpaper's Collection

Saint Augustine once said, "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." So get out there and start exploring.

With summer fast approaching, you will likely have a lot more free time. New seasons of the popular Netflix series' House of Cards and Orange is the New Black (to name a few) are coming this Summer. It will be tough not to be in front of our computer screens all day.

As you can see from this infographic, your Netflix binge is getting real, really fast.

After all those hours, there comes a time when sitting on the couch gets boring, and we need something better to do.

1.Go on a road trip to a nearby city.

I recently went to Ft.Worth, TX for a day over Spring Break, and it was awesome. Before you go, look up restaurants, shopping centers, and even museums you might want to go to. And get friend's recommendations.

Sundance Square in Fort Worth

2.Visit a friend in another state.

Especially when you're like me and go to school out-of-state. Why not visit your in-state friends when you have the time?

3.Get a job/internship (ugh)

Do it for the money. And the experience. And the resume builder. You'll thank yourself later.

4. Go to the beach. How ever far that is for you.

Because we all need the beach, especially when you live/go to school nowhere near one. Don't forget your sunscreen and aloe vera!

Siesta Key Beach, FL (my personal favorite)

5. Go on a camping trip, or some place with no cell service.

Unplug, explore, and have a great time. Like at Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, CO.

6. Explore your own city or town.

Chances are you haven't seen it all yet. I know I haven't seen all of Dallas or Fort Collins yet. Granted, Dallas is huge.

7.Volunteer.

If you're not concerned about money and just need a commitment to something every other week or so, this is a great start. And it makes a difference in your community.

8. Go on a "foodie trip" (I say it's a thing now)

We've all seen those amazing looking food concoctions on social media networks such as Insider or Buzzfeed. And we just have to taste them for ourselves (Unicorn frappuccinos don't count). So why not go all over the U.S. when you have the time?

"Smooth Operator" pie from Emporium Pies in Texas. Absolutely amazing.

9. Take summer classes.

I know that's not the most fun thing you want to do with your summer, but it sure helps in the long run.

10. DIY Something.

Crafting, trying a new recipe, making a new https://www.pinterest.comPinterest board, the possibilities are endless.