10 Stupid Things We All Did In Middle School

"Can you go on ooVoo?"

2508
http://www.abcdj.us/sacredheart6/

Middle school was such an awkward time, no matter who you were. Whether you were the most popular kid in your grade, or pretty much invisible, we can all agree that we cringe at the thought of our middle school years. However, even though these years were rough, it's so funny to look back on them and realize how ridiculous we were and how far we've come. These are some classic middle school memories most of us can relate to.

1) Taking your Myspace page way too seriously

If you were invisible in school, Myspace was the perfect way to make yourself noticed. You had hundreds of friends, despite the fact that you only knew a handful in real life. You spent hours picking the perfect templates and as a result becoming a master at coding. Then was the famous "top eight"--who knew ranking your friends could be so stressful?!

2) Picniking photos

Did you really hang out with your friends if you didn't have a photo shoot with your digital camera, and spent hours that night editing them? Then you uploaded them onto picnik and edited them with captions like, "friends are like stars, we don't always see them but you know they are always there," or a weird inside joke only you understand? Probably not.

3) Going to a strip of stores to "hang out"

Nothing said you were cool like walking up to the local 7-11 with your friends and loitering outside with a group of guys in your grade. Why was this cool? I'm still not really sure.

4) Meeting up somewhere with your friends to go watch a fight

I'll be honest, this I never understood. I don't really get how you can "plan" a fist fight; usually they just happen out of pure sudden anger. But in middle school when you had a problem with someone, you planned out a day and time when you could fight, and then you made sure all of your friends knew so they could come watch you kick the crap out of the other person.

5) Video chatting via oovoo

Before we had FaceTime, we had ooVoo. Unfortunately, there was no luxury of video chatting just by clicking your contact's name in your phone. You had to actually log onto your computer, download oovoo, create an account and then video chat. You obviously had all of the filters that came with it and screenshotted your video chats, too.

6) Asking someone out via AIM/text/anything other than in person

I don't remember anyone ever beginning a relationship by actually asking them in person during middle school. It was always either by a text or AIM. My favorite was when girls would go to their friends and have them ask out their crush "for them". Because that always works really well.

7) Then when you actually had a boyfriend/girlfriend, you hung out maybe once

I never had a middle school relationship, but I don't think I missed out on much. Most of the relationships my friends had in middle school went something like this--you made it Facebook official. You would walk to your classes together and hug when you had to leave each other. It took about a month to finally kiss, and then it got old or one of you met someone else and it was over.

8) Basically living in Abercrombie and Hollister

It was almost like fashion didn't matter unless you had the words "Abercrombie" or "Hollister" plastered across your shirt. I'm so happy current fashion has taken a better turn.

9) Sending chain text messages

First there were the typical horror messages like, "This is the story of a girl named Jenny who didn't forward a text message and was murdered. Now her ghost is alive, and if you don't forward this to ten people, Jenny will stab you in your sleep." Then there were the "I'm so glad I have you as a true friend. Forward this to your top 5 truest friends." Then came the fights when you weren't in the top 5 your best friend forwarded the message to.

10) Going crazy when you got to decorate your locker

I'm not sure why, but something about getting a locker was so exciting when you started middle school. We all went crazy with stickers, magnets, a mirror, and countless magazine cutouts of the Jonas Brothers, the Twilight cast, and Hannah Montana. The best part of having a locker was decorating your friends' lockers for their birthday.