10 Struggles That All Makeup Lovers Will Understand

It's definitely beautiful, but I don't know about easy or breezy.

42
Kathleen Fuentes

Makeup isn't just a hobby; it's an art. It takes a lot of time, effort, and failure before you can get the hang of it. And the struggles of makeup are something that a lot of people can understand.

1. Never getting your eyebrows even.

Remember, they're sisters, not twins. Sometimes you just have to accept your fate and move on. Related struggles include: a foundation line on your neck, uneven winged eyeliner, and lopsided lipstick.

2. Setting aside a part of your budget for makeup.

You think you have enough, but then you watch a haul video and decide that you might need a little bit more.

3. Realizing that makeup is actually hard.

How do the beauty gurus do it? You try as hard as you can to copy that beautiful cranberry smokey eye, but it looks more like you rubbed two cranberries on your eyelids.

4. Fangirling over your favorite beauty gurus.

Just perfection. Regardless of where your loyalties lie, you know that the YouTube artists are some of the best in the business. You probably follow them on all social media platforms and pretend that they are your best friends sometimes--it's okay, we all do it. (JaclynHill, Kathleenlights, and MannyMUA, respectively.)

5. Trying to find the best dupes.

Let's be real: sometimes, drugstore products can be just as good as the high end stuff. Especially when it comes to the price. And when you find that perfect dupe, it is officially a lifesaver.

6. Taking way too long in Sephora.

You might as well clear the schedule for the day--I'm going to Sephora from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

7. Being tired of explaining yourself to people.

"Why do you wear makeup? Do you not think you are beautiful without it? How much money did you spend on that? You are wearing way too much makeup..."

8. Getting exhausted after washing your makeup brushes.

Your hands are pruny and you're fading fast; however, you know it's a necessary evil.

9. Forgetting to wear water-proof products on an emotional day.

It's okay--just own it. Look people right in the eyes with your raccoon face.

10. Realizing that it's all worth it.

Regardless of the pains of makeup, it's way too fun to give up. There is something relaxing and expressive about it that is very addicting. Besides, you have an entire army of fellow makeup lovers that are there to support you.