10 Struggles Every Redhead Faces

10 Struggles Every Redhead Faces

"You have no soul."

254
10 Struggles Every Redhead Faces
Facebook

Being a redhead can either be very fun or very annoying or both. You're quite often compared to Lindsey Lohan, Debra Messing, Jayma Mays, Emma Stone and Amy Adams. Being a redhead people tend to think of you as a different type of human being. Why? Well apparently we have tempers which are worse than any type of blonde or brunette (which is odd in my opinion) and our "sass level" is higher than most. I know you can't see me but I'm totally rolling my eyes. In my personal opinion, redheads aren't as sassy or as temperamental as others, we're just the same. But let me tell you the major struggle we face every single day.

1. "You have no soul."

My God the amount of times I have actually been told this has been WAY too much (thanks Southpark). It is probably the most annoying thing ever freaking said. Yes I have a soul, no I won't take yours from you so bye.

2. Sunscreen is your best friend.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the beach, in fact, it's my favorite place in the world, however, I have SPF 150 with me at all times and I can't stay out for very long or else I turn into a lobster. The best times to go as a pale beauty are between 8 am and noon then anytime after 3. Afternoon time is the prime burn time.

3. "Is that your natural color?"

I honestly hate this question because you truly cannot get my color in a bottle. You can try, but you will fail. So yes Susan that is my natural hair color and no I did not dye it. I am just that fierce.

4. "Don't ever dye your hair!"

I swear I get this like 90x a day. I actually rebelled and dyed it a darker color to see what it'd look like and I really liked it. My grandmother however did not and cried when she saw it. But natural redheads will understand this. EVERYONE envy's the color. But despite it, I do what I want!

5. Everyone assumes you have a temper.

"Don't make her mad or else she'll go off on you." Okay that's not ENTIRELY true, however it can happen from time to time. Don't hate on us, I've seen brunettes get more fiery. Though it does come in handy from time to time.

6. Every brunette needs a redhead best friend.

It's true we make the best of friends. But we're a brunette's partner in crime. We are fierce working together. We will take up for you constantly (like any best friend) but truly and honestly if you hurt a redhead's best friend, we do show that temper. So naturally, people try not to hurt us or our friends because when you hurt them you hurt us and that's a bad idea.

7. Every nickname reflects your hair color.

Ginger, red, ging... I've heard every single one of these names. While it's annoying it's not like we won't answer to it.

8. Fake redheads

This one sort of speaks for itself. People dye their hair ruby red and think they're automatically a redhead. No no. You're just a cherry.

9. People automatically assume you're Irish or Scottish.

NOT ALL OF US ARE. It's not a bad thing if you are (I'm Irish and Scottish) but not all of us are Irish or Scottish.

10. You always stand out in the crowd.

You can't blend in if you try. But that's just one of the many things that make you unique!